1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lost Season 6 (final season)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by peleincubus, Jan 15, 2010.

1. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Just finished it last night. Absolutely loved it. It even made all of the flash sideways less awful and now they make sense.

not sure how they could have ended it any other way. A+ finale

2. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Here's Vozzek's review. I haven't finished it and I'm not going to repost it here because it's too long.

http://darkufo.blogspot.com/2010/05/things-i-noticed-end-by-vozzek69.html

3. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Hey, Malcolm David Kelley was in the finale but I didn't catch when. Anyone know?

4. saintja2

saintja2 Contributing Member

They filmed a scene/scenes with him but they didn't make the final cut.

I read somewhere that the scene/-s will be on the dvd/blu-ray though.

5. gwatson86

gwatson86 Contributing Member

Hey guys, I found an alternate ending. It'll probably be on the Blu-ray.

SPOILERS!!

[​IMG]

6. serious black

serious black Contributing Member

'Lost': ABC says final images of wreckage 'not part of the final story'
    by Mike Bruno

ABC[SPOILER ALERT] So, raise your hand if you’ve spent the past three days obsessing over what was purgatory, what was real-life, for the past six years on Lost. No doubt, for many of you, a big part of your understanding has included an interpretation of the series’ final scenes of plane wreckage strewn across an empty beach, nothing but the white noise of crashing waves cutting through the deadly silence. Well, turns out ABC just threw those final scenes in there as a “visual aid,” and they didn’t actually have anything to do with the show’s plot. ABC told the LA Times that the network – and not executive producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse — added those shots of the beach simply to soften the transition from the emotional ending of the series finale to the 11 p.m. news and didn’t realize that viewers who had been obsessing over every detail of every scene of every episode might have considered the series’ final images as having some meaning. “”The images shown during the end credits of the Lost finale, which included shots of Oceanic 815 on a deserted beach, were not part of the final story but were a visual aid to allow the viewer to decompress before heading into the news,” an ABC spokesperson told the Times.

I, for one, initially interpreted those images as a sign that everyone died in the crash, which meant everything in the entire series was some kind of purgatory. When I suggested this in EW’s live, post-finale chat, there certainly those who said no, the Island was real but the Sideways World was purgatory. But it was also clear that I was far from the only one who, in trying to figure out just why the show ended with those images and how they fit into the story, came away with that assumption. I’m glad ABC cleared it up, so in my post-show reflection/depression I can just remove those images from the equation entirely. But still, Lost is hard enough to piece together and fully grasp. Kind of a weird move to end the entire saga with incidental footage.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/05/26/lost-final-scenes-wreckage/

7. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

Nice.

As for Walt, I heard they filmed a scene too. Guess it will be on the BluRay. The biggest problem is that he grew up pretty quick. They said he's like 6'4'' these days. Would've been tough to get it going, but I'm curious to see what they did with it.

As for Ecko, he didn't want to be on the show. One theory I saw said that he was supposed to stay alive and build a church on the island. That church was supposed to be the one they reunited in. I might've read it here, but I'm not going to search for it.

Cannonball - I heard that on the podcast as well about the knife. Thats pretty crazy stuff. :eek: Maybe Jacob was protecting them.

8. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

Its funny that they mention the "decompressing". In SoCal they showed the news as soon as the final scene went black. It was really out of place. Kind of annoying actually.

9. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Still don't get how so many ran with that and set up theories that disregarded stuff that actually happened in the finale.

10. Major

Major Member

11. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

They just released an alternate ending to the finale... WOW. :eek:

[​IMG]

12. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

fail

already posted

13. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

that explains everything!

14. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

15. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

It would be a dastardly thing to do, and I don't know how this fits as far as show formulae goes, but like someone said the pair has spinoff potential. There was an argument about the definition of "spinoff" but there could only be 3 returning characters (hugo, ben, desmond) and Hugo would then be up to create his own "game." Outside of being jovial and lonely, Hugo is a bit of a blank slate and Ben was one of the stronger characters in the series, and has a purpose going into the future. Since they established the rules are whatever he wants them to be, the writers almost have open possibilities with what to do. Anyways I'm sure there'll be tons of fanfiction about whatever they do.
    [​IMG]

16. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

17. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

ABC had a re-run of the finale tonight and watching it the second time does not lower its emotional effect at all.

18. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I'm gonna watch it again on Hulu tomorrow afternoon.

19. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

It was the "enhanced" version too, I only watched a few minutes though. Not sure I want to be emotionally drained like that twice in a week.

20. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Question: How did Jack, Hurley, Kate, and the pilot survive the sub explosion at depth?

Answer: The island needed them.

That's not an answer but an excuse for not answering. :p

Question: What do you tell the viewers about all the unanswered questions they are left to ponder about the series?

Answer: The island holds the answers.

When convenient, blame an inanimate object for not giving up the answers. We get it.

Please, no more questions. The island is sleeping.

#1700 Surfguy, May 30, 2010
    Last edited: May 30, 2010