1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

From Michael Murphy's article on TSN http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/teams/rockets/ :

<HR WIDTH=75%>

------------------
    "There's 1,000 different things we're looking at, but there's not a lot of things there." -- Rudy T., apparently after taking a hit of acid.

2. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Michael Murphy is an idiot.

Los was third string 4 last year too, until Big Sexy blew out his knee. Los next year even at third string should see some minutes each game. In particular, Rudy will bring him as energy guy to swing the mo back in our favor.

------------------

3. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

There is a thread about the T-Wolves and Joe Smith in the NBA Dish and possible CBA violations which may void Smith's contract with Minn. Since some posters suggested bidding on Smith, I did some quick stat work. Based on a 30 min game on their current career stats, there is not much difference between Joe Smith and Carlos Rogers. 'Los does bring some energy to the floor. In absence of a block buster trade I think 'Los will be at training camp but with Mo & KT (and possibly Collier) at the 4, minutes are gonna be precious.

------------------
    GATER

4. #1rocketsfan

#1rocketsfan Contributing Member

Los is better than KT anyway

------------------

5. NewGuy

NewGuy Guest

If KT and Mo were hurt, who would Rudy start at the 4?

Carlos Rogers
    Matt Bullard
    Kelvin Cato
    Walt Williams

My money would be on Bullard, like Rudy did last year when injuries took away al our big men. He spreads the floor, can score 10 points in 2 minutes, and has 4 height.

------------------

6. NewGuy

NewGuy Guest

Anyone think he was hinting at something with that yellow comment?

Los for Ty Lue, Devean George, and a draft pick? [​IMG]

------------------

7. Elie#17

Elie#17 Contributing Member

What is it that makes it tough for him to play other PF's? he weighs a respectable 232..and what he doesn't have with his weight..he can make up with his height.. 6'11. I mean, garnett is the same height, but 10 lbs lighter... perhaps its' the energy that opponents must expend defending him that makes the difference. Give me your take.

elie17

------------------
    Oh.. so this is how you add a signature huh? coo coo.

8. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Elie#17;
    if you'll read Carlos' own comments in the article posted, he says "we can't bang with guys, especially me" - Carlos is not a banger. That's probably the only reason he hasn't played a lot of NBA minutes.
    Being heavy doesn't neccesarily equate to being physically strong OR a good banger! KG was a great example. He's long and lean, but he's got real strength in that skinny frame!!

NewGuy
    I'd start Bull too - I'd probably start him over KT because it'd give more energy off the bench!

Bullard is just another player in the rotation at the 4 for Rogers to compete with too....

------------------

9. 3pointer

3pointer Member

I guess it all depends w/what happens in training camp. I hope Los has been wk out during the offseason to add some muscle. I haven't heard his name being mentioned in any workouts the guys like Mobe's Moochy and SF participate in.

------------------
    Life moves pretty fast, If you don't stop and look once in a while you might miss it!! ... Ferris Bueler

10. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

NewGuy - The key is not to pick up more average players... we've got plenty of bulk as it is...

If we're going to trades, we want to try to package a couple of our unused or underused player for a single usable player, with picks if we can pull it off. Having a ton of decent/average guys that all pretty much deserve time equally is ackward.

It's important to work down to a 8 or 9 guy rotation, and outside of that rotation, guys don't matter so much except for insurance...

------------------
    "There are three kinds of lies:
    Lies, Damned Lies, and STATISTICS..."
    - Mark Twain -