1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Los Spurs/Los Suns

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by WhoMikeJames, Mar 9, 2008.

1. danny317

danny317 Member

ah, thx. :D

wouldnt the lakers be los lagos?

2. MONON

MONON Member

Sorta makes you wonder what lettering will be on the jerseys for the next December 7th NBA games doesn't it!!

3. MONON

MONON Member

Ok, continuing Spanish 101 for this Dutch/German who speaks TexEnglish only; what does LA mean? I thought LA & LOS were simular.

As long as the Lakers & Spurs continue to loose, they can wear the LOS jerseys all they want. :D

4. danny317

danny317 Member

el = "the" masculine

la = "the" feminine

los = plural "the" masculine

las = plural "the" feminine

5. Scientific1

Scientific1 Member

The problem I have is the stereo type of Arizona and San Antonio doing this. Los Heat haven't done it, and the Cuban population is on of the wealthier sectors of the Latino community. Other than that I don't mind the NBA reaching out the Latin population. This games are televised in Latin America so why not try and reach them.

And speaking about Hispanics, I remember a stupid comment Bill Walton said last year that Eduardo Najara was the only Hispanic player in the league. I guess no one told Bill that Arroyo, Ricky Sanchez, and Carmelo Anthony are Puerto Rican and all the Argentines playing are Latin/Hispanic as well.

6. yobod

yobod Member

Exactly, even in Spanish, the Spurs are still the Spurs. If your name was John, but you were born in Mexiico, your name wouldn't be Juan. It would still be John.

With that being said, I think it's an idiotic idea to add Los to the team name. Are there seriously Hispanic people out there who were saying "HEY! Those teams have Los on their jersies!! The NBA is awesome!!!" ?

7. DreamRoxCoogFan

its a dumb idea. just because it may say "los" doesnt mean it will attract more viewers on a regular basis. perhaps a few extra jerseys sold, but overall, minimal market impact, ajor nba annoyance. alternate and retro jerseys are enough. stop screwing with the formula.