1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Looks like all signs point to Kubiak being fired.

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Stack24, Dec 28, 2010.

1. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

double post

#81 Ottomaton, Dec 29, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2010
  2. Ottomaton

Supporting Member

You people amuse me.

Is it really going to change your world if Kubiak is fired after the season instead of during?

Do you really all believe these random twitter reports, when 90% of them have been proven false.

Here's what I have for all of you:

[​IMG]

Why don't you wait a little while for the season to end and the dust to settle? Maybe see what happens leading up to the draft. It is one thing to say you are dissatisfied, but you people weren't calling him "the worst owner ever" six months ago, and nothing has changed that would rocket him into that position, other than the fact that he didn't fire the coach in the middle of the season (which will help them in hiring another coach, btw).

Calm. The. ****. Down. Let events play themselves out. Don't believe every random made up tweet from people who are looking to stir the pot.

McNair is still viewed as one of the best owners in the league by the people in and around the league. The fact that he didn't freak out and fire the whole team Jerry Jones style is actually seen as a good thing by people who he might want to hire.

His style means that Cowher and Gruden will at least consider coming here, unlike Dallas, where the 'satisfying' emotional outbursts and constant meddling have placed employment with that team squarely into the NFL ghetto.

3. Mattj

Mattj Member

I'm not advocating keeping Kubiak. But you should probably give a more clear picture of what Wade Phillips did as a DC. You haven't included sacks or turnover numbers which is pretty important when evaluating a defense. Wade's defenses almost always produce huge sack totals. I gave a pretty through breakdown on our blog. http://www.sports790.com/pages/mattandadam.html

1 person likes this.
  4. rhino17

rhino17 Member

where do you get your facts about McNair being considered among the best owners??? Because I would love to know. I think you are misconstruing the fact that other owner love Bob's team being a doormat as "respect." I would take Jones over him every day. McNai

5. Ottomaton

Supporting Member

Pat Kirwan, Rich Gannon and Gil Brandt on the Sirius NFL network.

The satisfying thing and the smart thing are almost always not the same thing.

But it certainly feels better to throw a tantrum.

6. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

it's been 9 years.... people are going to get fed up eventually.

7. Ottomaton

Supporting Member

I get that. I would hope people would be able to step back and have a bit of perspective, however. Though I tend to hope for that in lots of situations and am usually disappointed.

But it is possible to be upset at the way things are heading, and not declare everything related to the Texans to be the worst in the history of all of professional sports.

Again, if I go back and look at posts from the start of the season, will people be calling McNair a cheapskate and the worst owner in the history of the city of Houston or will he generally be described positively? If it is the latter, what specifically has he done that is so heinous that it would rocket him from OK-to-good to worst ever?

8. rsx_htown

rsx_htown Contributing Member

Lets say we fire Kubiak and then there is a lockout, how much time is our new coach going to have to implement his scheme?

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'm excited because McClain said Kubiak WOUN'T get fired!!

10. RedRaiderRocket

Tomorrow and everyday he will flip flop his mind till it actually happens. That way he can tell us he told us so!

11. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I had the exact same complaints during the offseason, I think that is well documented. the guy is cheap, conservative, and is not bothered by losing. He is all about the money

12. Ottomaton

Supporting Member

You can certainly believe that. You can believe in faeries and unicorns, too. This BBS is full of people who think VY is the best QB in the NFL. Just make sure you realize that most people who are generally considered 'experts' believe that your opinion is foolish. But who knows? You could be like Einstein, fighting the mistaken opinions of the rest of the world. Just don't mistake your opinion for a general consensus.

Your hero Jerry Jones is generally considered to be a pariah among top head coaches for all the reasons you think he is so great. No coach who thinks he deserves to run the ship will put up with a second captain. One instance of meddling could be written off, but Jones did it with both JJ and the Tuna.

Someone like Cowher will look at how much slack and respect that McNair has given someone like Kubes - especially in the face of fan pressure - and will find that very appealing. The coward who only cares about the bottom line and appeasing the fans would bend in the face of pressure and fire Kubiak before the last game. All that accomplishes is embarrassing Kubiak and getting the fans off his back. That is the move of the weak owner.

#92 Ottomaton, Dec 29, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2010
  13. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Kubiak is the worst play caller in the NFL, and he has horrible time management not to mention he doesn't know how to get his players fired up or even motivate them, Am not sure why would you be happy if Kubiak is back, we had one of the top 5 defensive team 2 or 3 years ago with Kubiak as our coach and still never got us anywhere.

14. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

If Kubiak is back I can tell you this, McNair has to be one of the cheapest bastards in the NFL, all he cares about is selling seats to the fans and making money out of the team, we probably have one of the worst management in the NFL, that include GM, HC, DC, and Etc, and still McNair didn't even bother to fire anybody during the season, that tell you something, the guy is not about winning, he is so ****ing delusional, he keeps saying we are so close..? close to what ..? if you think this team is talented fire you HC and hire new one, but instead he'll bring him back, God I hate that old b*stard.

15. Disciple of RP

Disciple of RP Contributing Member

LMAO...shills at the NFL network? Wow. I don't even know WTF to say to you on that one. Where to begin?!?

...and WHO here thinks VY is the best QB in the NFL. Please, name ONE poster. You're exaggerating like crazy there. OBVIOUSLY message boards are **** full of raging fans and illogical ideas. But I don't think ANYONE here thinks that VY is the greatest QB in the NFL. :rolleyes:

16. Disciple of RP

REALLY? I guess it doesn't matter, though. B/C the flip-side is: Kubiak will remain and a great coach will slip away b/c of that WONDERFUL slack and respect given to GK over 5 or 6 (or more) years. All at the expense of us faithful fans.

What?!? He's been given FIVE YEARS! He has FAILED MISERABLY. WTF are you talking about? You disgust me.

17. Ottomaton

Supporting Member

I guess I missed the mass protests in front of Reliant calling for Kubiak's firing over the last five years.

There has been a sea change in public perception about Gary Kubiak over the past six months.

Your disgust amuses me. Take your valium like a good boy and you will feel much better.

#97 Ottomaton, Dec 30, 2010
  18. Ottomaton

Supporting Member

So, to be clear here, you are alleging a massive conspiracy by the NFL media arms to publicly prop up the image of Bob McNair for the purpose of keeping Gary Kubiak around, supposedly? Even though they frequently crack on Kubiak and the job that he's done this year and talk about firing him?

Sounds like you may need some Risperdal in addition to your previously prescribed Valium.

Read the "VY the Great" thread from the front page. It was alleged more than once.

#98 Ottomaton, Dec 30, 2010
  19. Disciple of RP

No, I won't. I don't mean to personally attack you...but I seriously almost live and die by Houston sports. Mock me if you will, I am beyond emotionally attached to the city of Houston and her representatives in the professional sports world.

From my days as a (very) young boy watching the Rockets in the (very) early 80's on a 13" B/W TV (we were poor)...I've grown up with our teams with a passion that has grown and grown.

Again, I am sorry but I simply am disgusted that McNair MIGHT even be considering a banal move in the midst of all of this failure. It is a sad, sad day for hyper-fans like myself.

20. Disciple of RP

I'm not going to go dig up an old VY thread. Why don't you tell me, how long ago was that? When was the last time you heard someone...ANYONE around here claim VY was "THE GREATEST QB" in the NFL? Was it recent? I HIGHLY doubt that.

(douchebag Oiler fans who would follow Bud Adams and the color "light blue" to Sydney, AU don't count by the way) ;)