1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Looks like all signs point to Kubiak being fired.

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Stack24, Dec 28, 2010.

1. Raven

Raven Member

I made the mistake of thinking McNair was a smart owner, while he was actually horrible the entire time.

It's like in The Shining when the wife realizes her husband has been totally bonkers since they arrived at the hotel, only she didn't find out until it was too late.

2. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

From ESPN.com's AFC South Blog: Former Oilers coach Bum Phillips and ex-Oilers quarterback Dan Pastorini attended Wednesday's practice and urged Texans owner Bob McNair to retain Kubiak despite the team's nosedive this season.

I'd disagree with Pastorini in the sense that there has to be changes on the defensive side. And there is speculation in Paul Kuharsky's article that maybe Wade will join the staff as DC.

3. Remix

Remix Member

I really believe if Kubiak wasn't from Houston he would be fired by now.

4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Kubiak is a dingleberry on the butthole of this franchise.

Shake 'em loose, Bob.

5. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

you're stupid and deserve to be labeled as such.

6. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Yeah, Bum. Besides the fact that players are calling coaches and each other out in the locker room and getting into physical fights on the field in the middle of games, he's got total control of the team.

Yeah, Dan. I'm sure he can turn it around. It's only taken him 5 short years to get from 2-14 to 5-11. Rome wasn't built in a day, after all.

And I agree that, despite the current 1-8 streak we're on, no shakeup is needed. We're on the right track. Who knows....at this time next year, we could be playing for a chance to go 8-8!

7. Raven

Raven Member

It's amazing how much this owner battles against common sense. Let me tell you what this means, it means that McNair is a vain and prideful man who doesn't want to admit he screwed up when he hired Kubiak. He wants to prove us commoners wrong and put us in our place. I can think of no other explanation for Kubiak or Smith to be brought back, none.

8. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

If Uncle Bob truly values the advice of an 87 year old man, then he really is dumb.

9. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Yeah and don't forget that Bum and Pastorini are super bowl champs with the Oilers!!!

:rolleyes:

10. br0ken_shad0w

br0ken_shad0w Member

Ah yes, the David Carr experiment.

The Texans will go 8-8 or worse next season with our core players being one year older and during the off-season as we watch the Cowher-led Dolphins and Gruden-led 49ers in the playoffs, McNair will finally fire Kubiak (who will then get Wade Phillips or Mike Sherman as HC).

What a incompetent organization.

11. Raven

Raven Member

You nailed it. McNair is working overtime to become one of the NFL's worst owners.

12. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

I think Bob doesn't have the balls to fire anyone. He had to hire a consultant last time to tell him that Capers and Casserly needed to go.

13. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Those two must have been paid by the Colts, Titans, and Jaguars to say that.

14. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Bum also said Wade didn't lose control of the Cowboys and Jerry made a mistake :rolleyes:

15. The Real Shady

It's his son what do you think he's going to say?

16. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Both Kubiak and Wade are half a coach... Put them together and we have a whole one, maybe? Smh.

17. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Pointing out his motive. Gary stays, Wade may be on staff.

18. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Actually they did a great job with the Oilers. Pastorini was a good QB for the Oilers, although he had to endure playing on some horrible teams during the early 70's. And you can't argue with the success Bum had with the Oilers. The city of Houston was crazy about those Oiler teams. The Oilers didn't win the Super Bowl, but they did a great job.

Bum and Pastorini are entitled to their opinion, and they may be right. However, I would rather see a new coach and GM. I'm thinking that if McNair can't get Cowher or some other big name coach to come to Houston, he may very well decide to keep Kubiak, but who knows at this point.

19. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

If only they didn't share the same fatal flaws. I'm going to hang myself. McNair's heir apparent coach is the doofus that looks like a completely baffled child anytime his dumbed down no-IQ team commits a penalty...and like a yippy 6 yr old anytime they get a big play. My god.

I hope the full wrath of the city comes down on Drayton2 Sunday.

20. The Real Shady

Wade Phillips has been an average DC over the coarse of his career.

[​IMG]

Averaged right in the middle of the pack. Granted if the Texans had the 14th ranked defense this year we would have won more games, but how many games would we have lost in the last minutes due to poor decisions by the head coach?