1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Looking For Something to Do

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by da_juice, Jun 27, 2013.

Tags:
  1. da_juice

da_juice Member

I more or less grew up with a group of 5 other guys. And we're all going our separate ways soon (July 21st is the last day we'll all be with each other). So, my friends want to do something big on that day.

Some details:
    We're in a pretty good location, in that we're within two hours of the coast, a major city, and the outdoors.

They've shot down going clubbing.

They've shot down skydiving.

They've shot down whitewater rafting.

They're really not easily impressed, but they're also cheap asses. So something without a lot of structure or that we've done before (such as chilling in manhattan or going to the beach) wouldn't work.

Any suggestions? Seriously, throw out any ideas you have. They'd be much appreciated (and repped).

2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Scrapbooking your memories of time spent together?

3. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Which coast? Which major city?

4. da_juice

da_juice Member

New York City, east coast. I'd be willing to go within about 2, maybe 2.5 hours away.

5. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

That is difficult...

if they are cheap, assuming a Vegas trip is out of the question? One final hurrah...

So they don't want to go clubbing...so I guess they would be against renting a party bus/limo and doing a big dinner/drinks afterwards?

You could throw some sort of party by renting out a place...(or a room in a place)

6. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

if they werent cheap asses I would say pamplona san fermines.

http://sanfermines.com/

Even then could go under 2k per person for something you would NEVER forget. it's not just about running. That is only a piece of a bigger completely apesh**it event

7. Rockets1988-

Rockets1988- Member

Get a group of guys and go play paintball. That's always fun

8. da_juice

da_juice Member

Yeah, basically anything that isn't a day trip is out of the question, and they definitely wouldn't be interested in a party bus or throwing a big ass party. I appreciate the suggestions though.

As you can probably guess, it's not totally a bad thing that we're going our separate ways. I deal with this problem every other friday night it seems (albeit with their expectations being much lower).

9. Blake

Why not go the sentimental route and go somewhere/do something that you all used to do a lot....reel in the years

10. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Six flags?

11. Blake

Did that...like a huge party...we stayed up all night but we kind of had to because everything was booked. Ended up in a park most of the night drinking until the next day.

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Y'all should all hangout, sit real close and watch Y Tu Mamá También together.

13. da_juice

da_juice Member

I brought that up to them, they didn't like that idea at all (plus, we haven't really done much. As much as I love these guys, they can be pretty boring).

14. da_juice

da_juice Member

A legitimate suggestion, except that three of them don't like rides and we've already been there. I think they want something we haven't done.

Sorry for shooting down all of your suggestions, they're perfectly logical and good. I'm just dealing with a group that's very hard to please.

15. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

Atlantic City?

16. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

Go to Circ de Jerq. I hear guys can have a ball there.

17. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

I feel like you are all losers...go get drunk be cool for once

18. Blake

sounds like you guys should just eat a sandwich and watch television as a group. ;)

Just go have a nice dinner somewhere I guess

19. da_juice

da_juice Member

Welcome to my saturday nights LOL. I'm fed up with having to figure everything out, I just put my foot down and told them that if they didn't like my ideas, that they can submit their own.

20. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Good times.

Been a few times and haven't gotten to see the chupinazo which looks pretty nuts too:

[​IMG]

I've done the park thing a few times. One time I was drinking heavily and decided I would sleep better in the park with my shoes off. Ended up having my shoes stolen and had to walk through broken bottles and urine.

A few other times we stayed in hotels around the area. San Sebastian is a good launching point. Very nice.

I realized he said July 21 so nevermind san fermines.