1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Looking Ahead: November

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by across110thstreet, Oct 6, 2007.

1. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

anything less than 12-5 would be a dissapointing start

2. abc2007

abc2007 Member

10 + wins, I will be satisfied.

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

No way we Lose to phoenix . .. esp with them not having Stodemire

Rocket River
    :mad:

4. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Rockets will play suns twice in Nov. If we can win one game, I will be happy.

5. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Why do most of my fellow Rocket Fans think that our Houston Rockets
    are just going to be a decent to a rather Good Team?
    Especially when there is every possibility that they are going to be the
    ............................best team in the NBA!!

The winner of the Southwest and the Western Conference and hopefully the NBA CHampions

If they are going to be these things we need to have confidence in our team.

This team will not play second fiddle to any team, including the Spurs, Mavs and Suns.
    To be this team our Rockets must be mentally set to
    win 75% of its games and we as fans should adopt this frame of mind!

6. abc2007

abc2007 Member

I expect Rockets 56-60 wins this season. But, It will be really difficult for Rockets to be 'great' in November. New coach, new system, and some new players, we need time. Especially, very tough teams we will play in Nov.

7. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

look it all comes down to health. if the team stays around 90% healthy, expecting a 57+ win season is VERY realistic, even 60 wins is realistic.

we won 52 games last yr w/ tmac struggling for the most part and yao going out for 2 months.

if we don't improve by 7-8 games, it'll suck b/c we want to get that #1 seed and face the lakers :D

8. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

I'll seriously take 10-7.

seriously!!

we're still a bunch of strangers.

9. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

First post after first game vs Jazz..

FIRE ADELMAN BRING BACK JVG.. LOL.

10. cjstukenholtz

cjstukenholtz Member

I think that the kind of record the team compiles next month, whether it is 10-7, 11-6, 12-5, etc. will be determined by how well the players on the team play together and catch on with RA's system for when the official start of the season gets underway.

11. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

no my brother. no matter what happens, that will never happen. when u have 4 players score in a freaking playoff game, u deserve the boot no matter who u have out there. make some adjustments.

adelman would have b/c his style is not dependent on 3pt shots all the damn time.

12. aznboi

aznboi Contributing Member

I think we'll lose against the big teams in the beginning since the chemistry isn't perfect yet but towards the end of the season we'll be in close games and get the W's

13. akuma

akuma Member

now i know one should never count their eggs before they're laid, but i think that this team can be truly special. i have a bit of the Les syndrome, but i think that as long as Yao and T-Mac can stay healthy all year, that they will be really formidable. when i remember the 95-96 Bulls, they had just come off of a 47 win season with Jordan missing 65 games. the only notable acquisition during the offseason was Rodman. but they just started winning right from the start and had this look of invincibility, being number one in both offense and defense in the league.

i think the Rockets can be even better offensively, although they don't have anyone in Jordan's, Pippen's or Rodman's class in defense. they had 3 first teamers on the All-Defensive team and even Harper was excellent. Battier, Yao and T-Mac should be much better than average at their position. Hayes is excellent, but he probably won't be the long-term starter. Bonzi, Francis and James are all about average at this stage of their careers. Snyder and Alston are probably above average, but who knows if they'll play meaningful minutes this season. hopefully, Deke can still bring it, besides his elbows anyway, this season. Scola's defense is yet to be seen.

basically, i have no doubt in the Rocket's ability to put a lot of points on the board. just the way Adelman's describing how Yao is fitting in the new offense already is very encouraging. so i see a major improvement in one half of the game. and yet, i don't think the Rockets will see a significant drop in the other half of the game (defense) either. they've already improved the defensive rebounding with Bonzi, Francis, and Scola (over Juwan). sure they'll probably give up a lot more points than they did playing Gundy-ball, but that's more likely to be a product from their new style of offense with many more possessions. i don't think their actual defensive efficiency would change a lot. it could even get better.

when i look at Adelman's Kings in 01-02, they didn't really have any good defenders except Christie (Battier) and to a degree, Webber (Yao). Bibby has never been a good defender, Peja is known for having no defense, and Divac just has his flopping. on their bench, their best defender was Bobby Jackson, and he was a combo guard. Turkeyglue was just slightly better than Peja, Pollard was maybe a poor man's Chuck Hayes although at the center position. Gerald Wallace has become an excellent defender, but he was just a slightly-played rookie back then. Funderburke (their only real backup for Webber) was just a late second rounder who was a decent rebounder and that's about it; probaby no better that what Landry could become someday, somewhere in the league.
    yet this team was one of the top 2-3 teams in defense in the league, not unlike the Rockets last year.

it's when i compare the current Rockets to that Kings team, that i realize that the Rockets can be much better on both ends of the court. one last thing i hope that the Rockets can achieve this season is true home court dominance just like the Kings were at Arco or better yet, the Bulls at the United Center. the Toyota Center needs to be a place where it's all but impossible for opposing teams to win, Red Rowdies or not.

14. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

man all this talk makes me want to have the games RIGHT NOW. i want to see what we all are saying come to fruition.

i want to see us avg 105-107ppg, while allowing 95-96ppg (up from 91ppg w/ JVG). u expect that b/c u have more possessions. but the points differential is what counts.

15. LAYGO

LAYGO Contributing Member

I'd be happy with 3-3/2-4 over those games. It's early still for the team. It sucks that we'll still be so new for these games, but I think it will be a testament to our new team to come out .500 of those games.

16. LAYGO

it's against the int4rw3b rules.

17. Barkley

Barkley Member

Well I still think we can easily beat Suns, Spurs or Dallas. Now with the 'O' game we are able to do that several times in the season. You'll see

18. LAYGO

I'm hoping for .500 for the "West Elite" in Spurs/Suns/Mavs (rhymes w/Fags).

I think & hope we'll be better than .500 overall for November. I'd just like to see 15-0 start in the coming years!

19. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

W---Oct 30 at LAL
    W---Nov 1 at Uta
    W---3 vs Por
    W---5 at Dal
    W---6 vs SA
    W---9 vs Mil
    W---11 at Cha
    W---13 at Mem
    W---14 vs LAL
    W---16 at SA
    W---17 vs Pho
    W---21 vs Dal
    W---23 at Mia
    W---24 vs Den
    W---26 at LAC
    W---28 at Pho
    W---29 at GS

20. topfive

topfive CF OG

Man, anytime someone says "Book it" around here, I just laugh. Seriously, has anyone EVER said "Book it" and actually been proven right? :D