1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Longhorns Basketball

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by ItsMyFault, Nov 12, 2010.

Tags:
  1. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

from a texas board, update on recruitment of elijah thomas and myles turner

2. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Unless Texas gets a basketball facility they're not serious about basketball. Any potential recruit should keep this in mind. The atmosphere at Longhorn basketball games is and always has been a joke. Barnes has done wonders considering what he has to work with.

3. Major

Major Member

Already in the works, from my understanding:

http://www.burntorangenation.com/20...hool-include-demolition-of-frank-erwin-center

4. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Another good win today 15-4 now, 4-2 in the big 12. Coach Barnes seems to be more comfortable with coachable, but less talented players. Baylor Saturday and then a whole week to prepare for a run a Kansas

No seniors or likely NBA departures, team could make a little noise next year. If anything maybe it gets the program back on track after a few terrible seasons.

5. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

When do you expect Ridley to leave?

6. DwightHoward13

Good news: I went to the game today against Kansas State, and there were a decent number of students at the game. I thought the atmosphere was great for the last 10 minutes of the game and even the alumni got involved! After this win, I expect to see a near-capacity for Kansas on February 1st. I have been to two games this year, Iowa State and now Kansas State, and will go to the game in Waco on Saturday. Barnes definitely deserves to stay right now, and if we recruit a great prospect, we could possibly be a top 10 team next year.

7. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

I think everything you said can be changed (for the better) by Patterson.

Also, kudos to Rick Barnes for his coaching job this season. This team is annihilating my expectations.

8. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

That's about the only way to describe it. If he's not Big 12 Coach of the Year, I don't know who is. He might be the national CoY right now.

9. DwightHoward13

Is anyone going to the Baylor game tomorrow? I will be going with a fairly large group of students.

10. BigBird

good first half

11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Texas is surprisingly fun to watch. I played high school ball with Cameron Ridley for a year while he was at our school, so I find myself rooting for him. He's a good dude.

12. Scolandry

Scolandry Member

I know I shouldn't ask in this thread but anyone have a link to the game? The one on firstrow isn't working for me.

13. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Embarrassing Baylor out there damn. Another nice game from the Horns.

Huge game next week now against Kansas in Austin.

14. BigBird

Taylor has torn up their zone today. Kansas next week at the drum. I can't wait

15. Hustle Town

Traveled up to Waco to see the game. Some thoughts:

1. Waco is a dismal city and everything about Baylor sucks. I actually feel sorry for the students there.
    2. Isaiah Taylor continues to gain confidence in his freshman season. He has the potential to be a really special player.
    3. The improvement that Ridley and Felix have made from last year is mind-blowing (yes, I know Felix had a very poor shooting day).
    a. Every part of Ridley's game is better: more athletic, better post moves, better mid-
    range jumper, better rebounding and positioning, and better defense (blocks).
    b. Felix used to be a one-sided, streaky shooter only. Now, he drives in and scores
    with confidence in addition to being a better shooter. Also, he is gaining a
    reputation for being clutch at the end of games.

Finally, both Felix and Ridley have improved mightily at the free throw line. Kansas is going to be a very tough test next Saturday. But the way the Longhorns are playing, there is no way I would pick against them at home.

16. Zergling

Zergling Member

Good post mlaitkep. Barnes and his new staff deserve a lot of credit for developing raw talent -- especially Ridley.

I'm glad the KU/UT basketball rivalry has already returned to prominence. It's one of the more underrated rivalries in CBB. Can't wait for this game. Embiid vs Ridley! Finesse vs power!

17. Buck Turgidson

Definitely need to hit Austin next weekend for the game.

18. Hustle Town

Who's going to be at the game tomorrow? I will be there, front row of the student section!

19. BigBird

I got my ticket after Kansas St...you know I'll be there

20. Hustle Town

Good. #turnupthedrum