1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

London terror attack

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AroundTheWorld, Mar 22, 2017.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Many of them have the luxury to play their game of cognitive dissonance because they live a lifestyle that is pleasant enough to not care enough about those things.
    Well, I actually gave explcit examples of how it does. You are more likely to turn Muslims into secular Muslims who don't take everything seriously with my method than converting Muslims to atheism with your method of berating their faith.

It really is that simple and I bet I can find more explained of my method working.

2. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Every follower will interpret a religion, never denied that and I also never said Christians were doing anything different in that regard.
    It only becomes a problem when "interpretations" are used to defend something that clearly leads to violence and oppression.

3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

How is "Change has to come from within the Muslim community, there are a lot of influential leaders and voices within Islam (even a lot of celebrities which could attract the people you mentioned), but there's a huge tendency to never criticize Islam and instead disregard any link to terrorism." equivalent to "sh**talking" their faith?

4. fchowd0311

I'm sorry. Berating. Saying their religion is dangerous isn't going to sway the Muslims you want to sway. Telling them that their faith is inherently evil isn't going to sway those you want to sway. The ONLY SOLUTION is exposure to a Western life style. It's a long and patient game. I guess there is another solution but that requires some genocide which I hope no one wants here.

5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

The problem is many young people not having that choice and Western influence around them, how would your method work on all the people stuck in Muslim countries or around families&friends that share those believes? Those will never change without the whole community actively wanting change.

6. fchowd0311

Excellent question that I simply cannot answer at the moment. I do know that telling them that their faith is evil ain't going to accomplish ****.

7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Have to repeat, I'd like to see popular voices within Islam to speak out and calmly advocate against changes to better Islam in certain ways (gender equality, freedom, religious freedom).
    Doesn't have to be about "it's an evil ideology full of hate urghh", but when I see adverts saying "embrace the hijab and be proud" (even in Germany for f***s sake) I really have to question how there aren't more people within the community, especially celebrities, speaking out against it. Statements like "women should wear whatever they want" or "we have to be more tolerant of all religions" would certainly be more helpful.

Fully well know me bashing Islam here, with sometimes provocative language, isn't helping the issue, but saving Islam via Clutchfans surely isn't my intend.

8. fchowd0311

What about Hakeem and the Houston Rockets?

9. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

You're confusing religion and nation. You're aware that some Muslim women don't wear a hijab?

10. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Hakeem would be better without Islam as well. He even inadvertently supported terrorist organizations by supporting a certain Muslim community in Houston.

11. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Ah, failing at reading comprehension again.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I dunno about that really, it seemed to center him and make him a better person. Now you could argue that he'd be better off if he'd found something else to do that, but there's no way of knowing if anything else would have worked as well.

13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

You're seeing this in Islam because it isn't perceived as a top tier culture despite having a billion followers. If Christianity were in that position, I imagine a 100 or so million people would feel as infinitely angry as these jihadists.

I can't imagine how frothing Christian conservatives would be if their paranoia was actually justified and realized... ie. a foreign power (Jina?) owns bases in your direct backyard, immigrants taking your jobs and women in its largest cities and capitals, your leaders being puppets to a foreign power, etc...

This doesn't justify the backwardness of Islamism. Nor does it fully explain the drives towards terrorism. A parallel idea is that terrorism appeals to those not because their lives or quality of living are terrible but rather they hold their lives without tangible or lasting meaning. The modern consumerist culture epitomizes that listlessness which makes it a convenient recruitment tool among many others.

If that theory follows, we'll see more acts beyond the banner of Islam as machines and automation start overturning the ideas and value of labor.

14. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Ah, non-answer again. Sure sign your argument is failing.

Muslim women don't have to wear a hijab. Any problem with that?

15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

This and the other thread are about Islam AND its community, not sure how you've missed it.

It's really hard to find the right answers when basically all your replies are a result of terrible reading comprehension and completely missing the points.

16. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Then let me rephrase: women in Islam AND its community do not have to wear hijabs.

(By the way: this thread is NOT about "Islam and its community." It's about "London terror attack." And you talking on and on about reading comprehension. . . . LOL.)

17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

You've read through this thread and don't see that it developed into a discussion on Islam? Wow, it gets worse each time.

At this point you have to be a troll, for f's sake.

18. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Yeah, I've read through the thread and discovered your personal obsession. Despite your off-topic fervor, you have lost the argument.

Women in Islam do not have to wear hijabs. All the **** you wrote in this thread is flushed down the toilet.

19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

It's incredible, have never seen a person failing this hard at grasping anything. And you saying there's no community within Islam that forces Hijabs on its women shows what a delusional and lying moron you are.

20. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

At least I am discussing your supposed topic of this thread, which you are not even discussing anymore.

Women in Islam do not have to wear hijabs. Do you deny it?

(Inb4 Yung-T makes an ad hominem attack and fails to argue hijabs again.)