1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LOL Jeremy having fun postgame interview

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shawndme7, Mar 3, 2013.

1. CarolNYC

CarolNYC Contributing Member

Did you guys see Coach McHale's comments about Jeremy after last night's game?

From Jason Friedman's really nice column about Chandler's game last nighthttp://www.nba.com/rockets/news/picture-perfect:
    :grin:

It's at the end of this video: http://www.nba.com/rockets/video/2013/03/03/McHale030313mp4-2402919

Maybe I'm just an eternal optimist, but I think they're fine with each other. :)

2. webattorney

webattorney Member

Response

Yes, I agree. Lin had no intention to say anything negative. He was just imitating how Mac talks about players.

As a side matter, if Rockets want to make it to playoff, they better let Lin handle the ball more like they did in this game because Harden is way too tired or injured and NOT 100%. I think Mac ran him to the ground. DMo is being very smart in the way he plays with Lin because whenever DMo gets the ball, he passes to Lin and then hustles down the court, knowing that Lin will more likely than not find him for easy lay-ups if he gets open.

3. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Lin and D-Mo have great on-court chemistry.

4. javajam

javajam Contributing Member

What was the question that he was responding to? I didn't hear it, but i've heard his sense of humor before!

5. loox

loox Member

Cmon, he might simply refer back to what he himself said after the magic game:

<“That was a big reason why we won,” starting point guard Jeremy Lin said. “(Beverley) played about as good as somebody can play. He made every play — defensively, offensively. He did an awesome job.”>

Relax and have fun.

6. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

"Patrick is doing great" - now, this needs a little bit context.

Lin got asked how he felt about not playing the 4th quarter at the Orlando game, and McHale as well. McHale's answer was "Patrick is doing great", which was true and honest. Last night, when he was asked again by the same line, but different context, "how do you feel ...", he pulled the McHale line. Then he emphasized again how they are happy that the 2nd unit really stepped up to contribute. It's obviously a joke, to the media. Yes, it's related to McHale and Patrick, but I don't think anyone would ever be offended by that. Just like Parsons went on and on about, how "coach gave me lots of that crap all the time", "Dirk slowed himself down. Yeah, I didn't do anything" etc.

After such a surprising and yet convincing beat-up on a team we always had trouble to win, with great performance from every single player, especially Parsons, Lin, Asik, and then later Harden, they deserved some joy and fun.

7. Roxs

Roxs Member

Sounds like a man confident about his starting job. Good to see confidence from him.

8. glitch273

glitch273 Member

If this was in NY, the papers would be all over this.

Imagine if you gave 110% effort and the coach still benches you in favor of a rookie who has even less of a record then Lin.

People said Lin's performance last year was a small sample size. Well Beverley has a even smaller sample size with none of his games even coming close to what Lin did last year.

This interview is something that Lin would never say publicly unless he was extremely frustrated. McHale has turned Lin into someone who has to joke about his teammates play in order to convey how redic it is to be losing playing time to an unproven backup.

1 person likes this.