1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[LOL] James Franco & Seth Rogen - Bound 3 (Kanye Spoof)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by el gnomo, Nov 25, 2013.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

who choked on his own vomit again?

I'm not for calling Kanye's lyrics the stuff of legend but there is no denying the man is talented. He isn't some one hit wonder manufactured by the media.

2. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

He's a one album wonder and a case study for target marketing. He's had one good album. He's decent at midi and rhyming.

He would have been better off choking on his own vomit after College Dropout. Complete loser to be laughed directly at now.

#62 Joshfast, Nov 27, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2013
  3. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

This is a pretty grand rewriting of history. LOL

4. Joshfast

Supporting Member

No, it just my opinion. (and you know what they say about opinions ;) )

He's been diminishing returns ever since College Dropout. His stuff now is cringe inducing. I dont realt take record sales and pop culture's facination/focus into consideration - just the music.

5. DCkid

Okay, well that's a bit more accurate. :p Hard to call a guy who reaches #1 on billboard charts with every album (ironically except for College Dropout) AND routinely appears near the top of year-end critic's list a 1-<insert-word>-wonder of anything.

I also find it hard to believe that people (general public and critics alike) came to love his music, because of some pop culture fascination. He's a pretty uncharismatic plain-looking dude. At least with the first couple albums, it would be difficult to prove anything but the music is responsible for his initial success, whether you happen to like it or not.

Funny thing is, I think of his first three albums as a trilogy, and not that much different stylistically, so I find it odd how you would think College Dropout is on some completely different plane than the two follow-ups, but to each his own.

I do agree his level of popularity and renown has now gotten to the point where some people will eat it up regardless. Probably partly due to his antics and partly because so many of his previous albums have has such universal acclaim. I mean this recent album actually got really positive reviews despite being a turd (in my opinion). Then again, I personally feel like some wildly successful critically-acclaimed rock bands get this same sort of treatment for anything they release (...ahem, Radiohead).

6. Joshfast

Supporting Member

Hannah Montana tore up the billboard charts too. I'd argue critical acclaim in this environment is 90% marketing plan and 10% talent.* (Joshfast accurate)

No they came on board with College Dropout. His big time revenue and sells came from the image of his genius from that album. Subsequent albums have all been diminishing returns, he's had a Tom Cruise like public implosion and the "genius" tag is fading fast. He knows it, that's why he's so ultra-defensive. Plan B to stay Pop Culture relevant is to Kardashian himself which is akin to selling your soul for fame.

College Droput was magical. The magic faded with each release and it got worse and worse for me. I dont know how to put it..I could feel his creativity declining with him being focused on his brand/marketing/sales in the albums. lol autotune.

*EDIT: thinking about it more, you got me on this one as I still jam LR and Graduation, I think I was being overly harsh because the comparison to Hendrix :(

Agreed!

#66 Joshfast, Nov 27, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2013
  7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Well, that assumption is incorrect, if you are pointing at my first post.

Been following many flavors of funk, hip-hop and rap for decades, dating back to when I was playing it at KTRU as a DJ, while other DJs were still stuck on '80s alternative white music.

8. DCkid

Nope, not directed at any one post. Just a couple comments that seem to use this weak recent album as evidence for Kanye wholly sucking.

9. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

But he does suck....:confused::confused:

10. DCkid

You miss the point. That's fine if you don't like any of Kanye's music. But saying he sucks because this song sucks, is like saying the Beatles suck because you just listened to Yellow Submarine (no offense to people who love Yellow Submarine :) ). It doesn't really have much in common with the rest of the catalog.

11. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Just because "the magic" faded for you personally with each release doesn't mean it did legitimately fail with each album release. I'm pretty sure 808's and heartbreak and MBDTF had less of a focus on brand/marketing/sales than the two immediate albums after College Dropout. I believe after the 1st album that's about the point in time when the record company decides to make sure the artist knows what they want and makes the artist do wtf they want done. By the time the artist excels with follow up albums, he then has enough clout to say eff you to the record companies and make whatever he wants. Thats where I believe 808s and MBDTF come into play. After those two then I do believe he returned to focusing on his brand and marketing and all that BS. I would clarify your subsequent albums statement and say in the past three years, after 808s and heartbreak and MBDTF, subsequent albums have been relatively diminishing in terms of the quality of music he puts out.

12. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

I just wanted to interject... I have a love/hate relationship with Kanye. College Dropout, Late Registration and My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy are the only albums I like. I recognize that he has potential but his personality is very abrasive. It's not respectable or cool, just annoying.

13. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

All his albums up until Yeezus have been absolute classics.

His arrogance and pretentiousness disgusts people and rightfully so. But to discredit his talent because of his attitude is stupidity.

If you make a comparison, MJ was the same way, but no one is denying his unbelievable talent and ability to win rings. Same as Kanye.

Still music video is dumb as fu** but the spoof is f'n awesome.

1 person likes this.
  14. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Good post. I agree his older stuff is head and shoulders above his new stuff. I understand he wants to push the envelope but has hasn't been doing a good job of it.

Maybe I'm spoiled by the 90's & early 2000 hip hop game.

15. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

lol, this post went from getting my enthusiastic agreement to sounding completely ignorant fairly quickly. This is why you don't base complete judgments on first impressions. You end up looking like this.

16. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

/Thread. Spot on.

17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Remember Manny Ramirez doin a review on the album and givin it like 9/10 and sayin it's a masterpiece. Even rated songs like 9/10 or 10/10 that had no concept and were just 5 minutes of disgusting sounds without rapping or just a bit of mumbling/screaming.

This song is the best on the album and that should say a lot, Yeezus is disgusting, rushed and uninspired work, Kanye should listen to his older albums and be ashamed.

18. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

kanye has seriously lost it. i was a fan of his previous work but this is horrible..

19. ohmarioyes

ohmarioyes Member

how old r u guyz?

on the real, kanye continues to make great music imo.

not 19, reeko, 21 grammys... more than clapton dawg...

20. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Kanye is a fool but the man can produce and make music with the best of em.