1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[LOL] James Franco & Seth Rogen - Bound 3 (Kanye Spoof)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by el gnomo, Nov 25, 2013.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He is the Quincy Jones of this generation. I'd say that take talent.

2. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

well then, to all of you that responded, I point you no farther than this very thread.

laughable!

was Quicny Jones ever the laughing stock of an entire industry with his antics?

3. Indaface

Indaface Member

I actually enjoyed a lot of Kayne's early stuff (well mainly the College Dropout cd) but boy has his music gone into the crapper.

I had never heard of that song till now and after seeing all the negative posts I decided to hear it and holy **** that is a godawful song.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

19 Grammys son.

Quincy Jones has 27

5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

"I wanna **** you on the sink, then get you something to drink"

Really? This guy is supposed to be a rap genius? Seriously, was he high when he wrote these lyrics?

Somewhere Chuck D is shaking his head.

I feel like I have to go listen to some PE right now just to get the stench of this horrible song out of my mind.

I got a letter from the government
    the other day
    I opened and read it
    it said they were suckers

They wanted me for their army or whatever
    Picture me giving a damn
    I said never

6. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Kanye has done alot in his career and should be considered a musical genius... But this song isn't very good.

Not everything Picasso painted was museum quality...

7. Indaface

Indaface Member

Kayne is far from a rap genius. He's a producer that ended up rapping.

His rhyme style is essentially at a C- level.

8. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

ugh. I don't even know what you are getting at but wiki says he has 21.

but then again Nickelback has been nominated 6 times and Creed has been nominated thrice, and won once.

Nicki Minaj- nominated 4 times.

okay I'll concede that...

9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

10. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

kanye is self-aggrandization taken to a whole 'nother level.

rap, overall, aside from hiphop is a lot of self-aggrandization..

but kanye sure did just run with it.. it shaped him

11. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

and if you look at it from a different perspective, it was what american pop rap fans desired, therefore he kept getting infinitely popular.. why is our culture overall so wrapped up in/focused on self-aggrandization that we love talking up and gossiping/supporting the hugest one out there? we gravitate toward such happenings and controversies

things like south park's gay fish and this spoof are the other side that sees the crazy that is kanye.. the side that chooses to react and create a different spectacle.

another option would be to ignore it and not react.. but thats not how mass society works does it? its possible to know that some of his music is still good and hes immensely talented, but at the same time know hes fallen off a cliff as far as being real and meaningful goes

12. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

but society can't just live in the middle and actively filter stuff, so it seems...

13. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

the reaction is what drives him to become crazier and more 'edgy'

hes like "nah, **** yall are wrong I'm right ahhhhhhhh im kanye"

14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Kanye's blog response to South Park's Fish Sticks episode, where he was subject to a long-running joke over his inability to grasp a stupid joke about fish sticks because of his massive ego.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/cNoQXo8yeLc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/WDMfTkxvHsY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Robin showed OTHER women's "breasteses" in his video not HIS lady Paula's. Kanye wasn't going to show his lady Kim's "breasteses" in this vid(yes I know she has shown them before in her feature film with Brandy's lil brother).

16. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

For those that don't like the song(which is most people)
    let's not make statements about Kanye's musical ability based on this song.

The guy is better than this song and album. As mentioned above, he is an average/good/ok rapper but he has put together some fantastic albums in the past.

This album and song doesn't make him a bum of a musician.

Just not his best work.

Interesting parody video, ghey but meh.

17. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Did QJ make abominations like the one posted here by Kanye? Good God, this song is awful.

18. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

This new album is bad, but it is funny how this appears to be some people's first and only introduction to his music. For those who are completely turned off by his antics, this song and video make it pretty easy to validate some preconceived notions that his music must suck.

And talking about only liking his old stuff? His last album was almost unanimously praised and considered to be one of the best rap albums ever made, so I really don't see how some are acting like his quality has been dropping for a long time.

Anyway, I went back and listened to a lot of his previous stuff just to get this song and video out of my mind, and it definitely was a reminder to me that he is by far the most creative and prolific rap artist of the century. I posted a lot of the videos below. (I also noticed he has released something like 40 official music videos over the years and the vast majority are very well done...nothing like Bound 2).

I'm not saying people are wrong if they do in fact hate everything he has ever produced, but this song and recent album are nothing close to the quality of the majority of his output. You should really give some of his other stuff a chance.

My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, 2010

Runaway
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Bm5iA4Zupek" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Dark Fantasy
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/A5e3ZL5IEcg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    All of the Lights
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/HAfFfqiYLp0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Monster (NSFW)
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/J3af4Gz4Daw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Power
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/L53gjP-TtGE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

808s & Heartbreak, 2008

Paranoid
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/irBP5FnksKc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Graduation, 2007

Homecoming
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/LQ488QrqGE4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Can't Tell Me Nothing
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/E58qLXBfLrs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Stronger
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/PsO6ZnUZI0g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Good Life
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/FEKEjpTzB0Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Flashing Lights
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ila-hAUXR5U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Good Morning
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/6CHs4x2uqcQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Late Registration, 2005

Heard 'Em Say
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/elVF7oG0pQs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Diamonds from Sierra Leone
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/92FCRmggNqQ?start=54" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Touch the Sky
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/YkwQbuAGLj4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Gold Digger
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/6vwNcNOTVzY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

College Dropout, 2004

All Falls Down
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/8kyWDhB_QeI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Jesus Walks
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/MYF7H_fpc-g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Two Words
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/tkFOBx6j0l8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Through the Wire
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/zuSinwBfE6w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  19. DreamRoxCoogFan

I'm a fan and respect his work, but that song was not good.

20. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/wm5dZIoLz-E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>