1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[LOL] Bobcats Draft Party Crowd Reaction To Cody Zeller Pick

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by 713, Jun 28, 2013.

1. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

I thought he announced that he was a 4?

2. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

im agreeing with you and im not even white

3. thaidizzle

thaidizzle Member

Sucks that their fans don't want him. Hey, we'll take him!

4. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

According to Draft express he had a better vertical, bench press and agility over dwight howard.

5. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Even then, the dude has the highest vertical(s) for anybody over 6ft9 for a VERY long time in the combine. He's very athletic and has a good motor, and some touch to go with it. Charlotte were obviously set on taking him, but people love the shiny toy and want everything to happen now.

6. WFU Guy

WFU Guy Member

I don't think fans give a rat's a$$ what color he is and I doubt you can ascribe a rating handicap based on melanin production.

That vid (and the Cleveland one too) is not indicative the knowledge-base of Charlotte basketball. No more than a lot of ignorant Pacer fans booed the **** out of Reggie Miller being drafted over Steve Alford. Not that Zeller will or won't be of similar value - you never know.

There is something that has confounded the **** out of the Bobcats fanbase since Cho arrived which is that you get NO FREAKING IDEA what they are thinking before they do it. Therefore, casual fans are going to freak out when the franchise picks a guy THEY haven't heard touted on local or national press one bit. A lot of casual fans went bat**** crazy we didn't select Thomas Robinson last year w/ the #2 pick .... kinda think that was a rather prescient oversight.

And note that Jordan plays no role in these selections; it's all on Cho.

7. WFU Guy

WFU Guy Member

Many more thoughtful fans are pretty excited about him. And most folks I know are damned glad we didn't risk this pick with a guy that has health or maturity issues.

8. supdudes

supdudes Member

You know who else? Some Chinese dude named Yao Ming

9. Dat Dude

Dat Dude Member

Agree completely. He's a guy that doesn't 'wow' you by just looking at him, but I think his game speaks for itself.

10. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

uh what? link? I remember people were stoked iirc.

11. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

Knowing that people actually own Kemba Walker jerseys is kinda sad. Who is the best player that franchise ever had Stephen Jackson?

12. 713

713 Member

Gerald Wallace

13. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

I remember a small contigency that wanted Jay Williams, but yeah, by and large I remember most people being stoked that we drafted Yao.

14. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I think the only guy wanting the rockets to pick Jay Williams was Dick Vitale.

15. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Exactly. Precisely. Absolutely. Spot. On.

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Anyone have a video of the Rockets draft party when they drafted Robert Horry?

17. 713

713 Member

[​IMG]

18. awc713

awc713 Member

watched zeller for 2 years at IU....

hes going to be one helluva player...his biggest problem is that he doesnt live up to other people's pre-conceived notion of the player he SHOULD be...

just enjoy him for the player he is....he's a freak of an athlete, he's 7 feet tall, he's quick, lanky, can shoot (70% from 3 in an nba workout...)...

he's also put on a lot of muscle and plays tougher than people realize. he'll have a really good, long career.

may never be an all-star, but that doesnt mean anything IMO...plenty of good players never become all-stars

19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Lol, the old white dude who threw his hat down.

20. basketballholic

Fans are so fickle. I think he'll be the best player they've had in Charlotte since Alonzo and I'm secretly hoping that somehow we have a deal with them to trade for Zeller. I'm convinced he will reach All-Star level.