1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LOL Ariza

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by larsv8, Dec 21, 2010.

1. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

(((LMAO))) I didn't know if that was from last year or this year. We sure got over on NOH by dumping our day old garbage on them.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

True, true, BECAUSE HE SUCKED !!!!

;)

DD

3. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

I admit I defended him last year.

He's not offering anything to defend him this year.

He is godawful.

4. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

i dont know why ppl on clutchfans need to exaggerate everything. slobbering over his knob? wow ok lady. unless there were people who could prove they were making courtney lee for ariza trade proposals BEFORE morey pulled that trade, then the only reason for them to support or not the trade was how much they hated trevor ariza. courtney lee was an unknown player. same as terrence williams.

learn to hold back a little. practise self restraint. DD

5. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I was so happy when we made the trade and sent Ariza away. Ariza did OK when he played the role of Shane Battier, just standing in the corner and waiting for a 3pt opportunity. I do appreciate that he made a strong effort night after night, but he was just painful to watch after a while. Courtney Lee has been very solid, and yet some people still feel we made a bad trade. I bet New Orleans is wondering what can they do with Ariza. Ariza and his contract are going to be hard to move. So glad it's not our problem anymore.

6. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Ariza is a decent 25 MPG player off the bench/part time starter as a defensive disruptor taking 8 shots a game. The whole "expanding my game" thing really got to his head. He was praised for his (yes, really) "efficiency" at Orlando BEFORE the Lakers. Devolving to the bricklaying dud he is now is almost startling.

7. Prince

Prince Member

Give it to the man~!

[​IMG]

8. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Ariza was a poison pill. The only way to come out ahead of the Hornets in the playoff standings is sabotage.

If they keep up their recent performance, they could miss the playoffs. Phoenix and Portland are breathing down their necks..

9. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

At the beginning of the season, people were praising Ariza (not a rocket), and bashing Lee (a rocket) saying that trade was horrible, and Morey only did it to dump a bigger contract, and Morey wasnt a good GM for doing that trade.

So now, that people are noticing how bad Ariza is, and how good Lee is fitting with the rockets, cant say we were right?

1 person likes this.
  10. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I really hope this isn't where basketball analysis is headed. Quote a bunch of stats that no one understands to make yourself sound smart and pass it off as an article.

11. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

BTW we are still to be proven against the elite teams.

TA was learning to play with us late last season, and with our SF play early this season so bad, I don't regret wishing TA was back with us. (TA playing with us this season and he wouldn't suck as bad. Another long tall dude who could play defense.)

The addition of TWill shows that even DM recognized we need help at the SF. If only for that, that we can TWill to be SB's successor if CB's defense does not pan out, then I'm satisfied for now.

Otherwise our weak defense early this season and CL's being lost on offense and the end of games (loss against SA still grates on me), as I said, we had good reasons.

12. topfive

topfive CF OG

Amen to that. And the Hornets fans have yet to see an offense in which Ariza is asked to be a *major* contributor -- we had that misfortune last year.

I can't believe that RECENTLY posters here have been complaining about that trade. We'd have gotten better THIS year if we'd just traded Ariza for a 2nd-round pick in 2017.

13. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

The debate for who is better out of Lee and Ariza is over. It is now who sucks more between Chase and Ariza. Thats a hard one.

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

That's true, and pretty sad.

15. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

this thread is pretty damned funny because ariza played good when the season first started.

16. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

I really hope this isn't where forum posting is heading. Berate brilliant statisticians because you don't understand statistics and want to make yourself feel better and pass it off as a post.

17. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

Heading? Unfortunately, we're already there.

18. echu888

echu888 Member

As bad as Chase has played lately, the frustration level watching him is not NEARLY what it was in watching Ariza. Does Chase take the volume of shots that Ariza does? Does Chase have that pissed/frustrated/antisocial look on his face all the time when Brooks doesn't pass it to him? It's not even close.

19. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

The author of that article was a brilliant statistician? I thought it was just someone on a fan site quoting a bunch of random stats.

Btw, it wasn't until I clicked on the link just now that I realized that the author was probably just a regular forum poster like you might find here. That makes me feel a little better.

20. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Now, 1/13 is pretty pathetic no matter how bad you are. Come on, you're the starting SF at the NBA Level.