1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LOFs, LOHs, (or LOFH's?) here is YOUR thread. Commence hating!....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jocar, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jocar

jocar Member

Vent about Lin superfans, and superhaters. Go ahead, and get it all out (and keep it here) so it doesn't have to spill into, and pollute every thread in the GARM like it has been.

My take.... The majority of members on Clutchfans are die hard Rox fans who are here for the love of the franchise. Some of the long timers get annoyed by newcomers (LOFs AND LOHs) who act like this team is just Lin's team. Because it isn't. The team and the fans were here before him and will still be here after he's gone. ....Will any of you?

Personally, I love the guy (no homo) and all the classy christiany chewy nougat goodness he brings. I want him to retire a Rocket (after bringin home a couple rings in multiple 4-0 sweeps against the Heat). He's now a part of the Rox fam, so we call his flaws out when he's sucking, or give him props when it's deserved. It's not hating, it's something we've been doing to all Rox players for years.. even before Lin was here, believe it or not.

LOF's...I understand your enthusiasm for the guy, and appreciate how he brought new fans to this team, but some of you are turning off long timers (we like to call ourselves "Rocketeers"... (no we don't, I just made that up- and it sounds completely gay)) by being hypersensitive and defensive every.single.time he is criticized. Obsessively posting on all things Lin and ONLY Lin, you're just hurting your cause and turning CF'ers against you. Why? b/c the posts are so often completely one-sided and predictable and just discredit legit opinions of loyal fans. When you clutter the board (not every Lin article needs its own thread!) and hijack threads by turning them into pro vs. anti Lin threads even when he wasn't even mentioned in the OP, it turns some ppl off to Lin/Lin supporters.

Tbh, I'm getting tired of having to sift through threads, constantly looking to the left to see posters' join dates to see if the post is an honest, objective critique that deserves a response, or if it's someone bashing or praising Lin b/c that's all they do.

Sorry this is in GARM, but this is the only place they come. And after seeing some LOFs replies that Harden is a terrible pickup and waste of money solely b/c he takes the ball out of Lin's hands or steals his thunder, just bugged the crap out of me. Who cares if he brings us closer to a title if he has to do it at the cost of Lin's glory, amirite? ffs.

2. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Stop the bull**** guys. I don't care about that stuff and I'm going to get it out of this forum.

If you want to TRY to piss off Lin fans, spare us. If you are considering starting a "Should Lin be in the Hall of Fame?" thread, skip it.

Been through it with Yao. Tired of it. Let's keep it to the Rockets here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.