1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Local Orlando News] Dwight Howard trade could be imminent

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Fullcourt, Jul 6, 2012.

1. teebone21

teebone21 Member

multiple teams in a trade involving dwight means the nets are getting him since they needed some one to take kardashians contract

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Hard to see a trade announce a full 30 days before completion. Don't recall it ever happen.

Also, if trade was "imminent" then HOU would have held off signing Motiejunas for a day or 2, no?

1 person likes this.
  3. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

multiple can also means 2 teams

4. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

That report is questionable and posted 4 days ago. I think someone else would have picked up on that by now if true.

5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I will go nuts if he gets traded to the Nets.

6. varuscelli

varuscelli Contributing Member

We can now refer to Dwight as "Your Immenence"

Copy Editors of the World Unite.

7. justtxyank

I fully expect a trade that sends Howard to LA followed by ESPN slurping with stories about how Nash reached out to Howard and made this happen.

This is a sneak peek of Stern's office afterward:

NSFW
    [​IMG]

8. mattrbowers

mattrbowers Member

Regardless of whether or not this guys crap sandwich of a story is true or reliable doesn't really matter.

What pisses me off about this whole deal (and maybe others have said this already ... If so I didn't see it) is that Dwight says he wants "global market, max deal, and the opportunity to be option number one on the new team". Well ... I don't know about anyone else, but that sounds an awful lot like Htown.

Why doesn't this guy man up, pull his balls out of his purse, and put his money where his mouth is? You want a global market? Ever heard of Yao Ming - basically a global ambassador for the NBA? You want a max deal? Ever heard about our GM publically stating he is on a mission to acquire an elite NBA talent? You want to be option number one? Who else on our roster is going to challenge you on that one?

Dude, sometimes you can't see the forest for the trees ...

1 person likes this.
  9. cardpire

cardpire Member

i guess i don't understand...if it's imminent and if motie is involved, i interpreted it as the magic waiting for him to sign before they made the trade.

10. justtxyank

The Rockets are not a global market. They may have popularity in another country (China) but they don't even hold serious relevance in their local market, let alone the US market.

Sad reality we face.

11. Garner

Garner Member

Exactly.

Mexico could care less about the Rockets. Considering geographic location, thats a bit surprising.

12. MghtyPtrck

MghtyPtrck Member

Honestly, if Brooklyn Nets stayed in New Jersey and wasn't getting a real nice arena and wasn't owned by Jay-Z... Dwight wouldn't have a problem coming here.

I can't fault him for that and his actions to an extent.

I doubt he hates Houston or the thought of playing here but as mentioned above... if you can go do the same thing there, I would try my hardest to do so.

13. justtxyank

"couldn't care less"

:)

Houston barely cares about the Rockets. It's frustrating as a Rockets fan, but the Rockets just don't have serious relevance in their own market. We might be the worst foreign team t-shirt fan city in the NBA.

14. bmt1334

bmt1334 Member

If the deal was coming together before we signed Dmo and the magic wanted him in it, we could have just traded his right and let Orlando sign him

15. jae713

jae713 Member

I just hope we don't facilitate in any trade. Screw getting Gasol. I would rather roll out with the team we have now. Dwight or bust.

16. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

But to be honest it's not really about which cities are "global markets" it more or less should be about which cities is it impossible to be globally marketable, and the answer is none.

By LeBron James being global from Cleveland (and now Miami) and Kevin Durant being global from OKC it just proves that you don't need to worry about the market you just need to make sure that you are performing on the court. If you're performing on the court you WILL become globally marketed.

17. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Yeah Mexico doesn't care at all about the rockets, ive never heard the rockets be mentioned in Mexico.

18. cardpire

cardpire Member

ah. yeah, that makes a bunch more sense haha. :grin:

i knew there was something that wasn't sinking into my brain. at least i was smart enough to figure out that i must be missing something obvious.

19. justtxyank

Being marketed in New York is a significant advantage. LA and New York offer huge market places to athletes.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Now or later or whenever, he'll end up in LA.

1 person likes this.