1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Local (Houston) Talk Radio Host Calls for Blowing Up of Mosque

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ima_drummer2k, May 28, 2010.

1. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I actually heard this call live while I was driving home on Wednesday afternoon. When I heard him say that, I thought "oh man...this guy is in trouble."

The whole segment was just full of STUPID - which of course is the norm for local talk radio. The caller's name was Tony but Berry kept accusing him of using a fake name because he "didn't sound like a Tony". Gee....I wonder what he meant by that....

The actual call can be heard here, assuming I linked it correctly...

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Let's offend everyone !

DD

3. da_juice

da_juice Member

If I said I was going to blow up a church of synagouge, I'd get arrested and be considered a terrorist

4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

If you said what he said but substituted church for mosque you would not be arrested.

What he said was stupid and inflammatory and he should be reprimanded at the very least by his employers, but you don't need to try to make it any worse than it was. It was stupid enough on its own.

5. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

This is a threat right ATW? Maybe we should start "Build a Mosque Day". I'm sure ATW would LOVE to champion and run this idea just as he championed "Draw Mohammad Day".

and LOL @ Dada looking at this from the angle of "OH PEOPLE ARE TOO SENSITIVE". Really, are you going to defend this guy's right to "offend" by stating a mosque should be blown up? The awesomeness of your hypocrisy and bigotry should be the 8th world wonder of the world. :rolleyes:

6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Hypocrisy doesn't get any more blatant than that.

7. DaDakota

What?

Your DD haterade glasses got you to read all of that into a simple statement like I made?

LOL - whatever.

Sarcasm = look it up !

DD

8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I already stated that I have no problem with a mosque being built as long as the people behind it are no extremists and/or terrorist supporters.

Unfortunately, it appears that the guy who champions the mosque project has some ties to CAIR which is described in the article quoted by ima as a "civil rights movement", but which apparently has closely been linked to Hamas. And one of the CAIR founders publicly stated this:

"Islam isn't in America to be equal to any other faith, but to become dominant. The Koran, the Muslim book of scripture, should be the highest authority in America, and Islam the only accepted religion on earth."

This sounds suspiciously like someone who does not respect the U.S. constitution, including rights to freedom of speech and freedom of religion. If that is the true spirit behind building that mosque, then I have a problem with it.

9. Qball

ya ya, play it off you worm. That's what you're good at.

10. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

to be fair, he didnt say HE would blow it up...he just hoped someone else would.

It's certainly not a smart thing to say but i guess he got himself all worked up and went a little too far. Not the first or last time a radio person will do this. I'm surprised that Savage guy isnt in the news more. THe few times i have heard him he says some pretty wild things.

11. Qball

ok I apologize for this comment and am stepping out of this thread.

(I wish I could edit, still waiting on Clutch to verify my contributing member status)

12. DaDakota

LOL - nice.....make it personal.

You just don't like that I question your faith.....oh well.

DD

13. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

much like you did to me in the other thread?

14. DaDakota

Transference much?

Yeah, says the guy who was calling people all kinds of rude names.

Got to try harder RM.....why are you in here bringing up that anyway?

Your point?

DD

#14 DaDakota, May 28, 2010
    Last edited: May 28, 2010
  15. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

We get a lot of that in this forum when Islam is questioned or challenged. Gee, I wonder why some people still think there is a disproportionate number of intolerant members in that religion?

16. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Hilarious. Rocketman95 complaining about someone else making it personal?

1 person likes this.
  17. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed

What I don't get is that out of common and sense/decency alone, why would anyone think to build a mosque there? At some point you'd think "you know...maybe this isnt a good idea".

I dont know all the circumstances but part of me thinks that some of the motivation is just a big "F you"

18. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Name calling and then playing the victim are the only two tools he has in his tool box.

19. OddsOn

OddsOn Contributing Member

Certainly not his finest moment, it appears he got caught up in the emotions of the moment and spoke before he thought...and the caller was proably a plant sent in to bait him into this type of comment.

Having said that, this is just another level of hypocrisy layered on by the Chronicle. Where was the outrage when Quanel X and his minions threatened to burn down Bellaire at a "so called press conference" a few weeks back? Where is the article lashing out against Tavis Smiley from his recent condemnation against Christians claiming "they do more terroristic acts then muslims in the US".

20. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Actually, talking about disproportionate numbers...how come that we have such a high percentage of people who are leaning toward being islamist zealots in this forum? Is it just that normal people are tired of arguing with them (and their support crew of bitter xenophobes)?