1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Lloyd] Cavs engaged with Rockets on deal involving Alec Burks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sogood., Feb 5, 2019.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

fwiw: They could do the equivalent of buying a proven 2nd rounder by given some more MLE to Danuel House.

Deuce, saleem and malakas like this.
  2. ksny15

ksny15 Member

God I hope this is why lol

BigShasta likes this.
  3. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

Not a terrible move. The guy can actually shoot the 3, especially the corner shot, which he’s hitting at 45%. He would contribute so much more than either Chriss or Knight will this season. I’m down for this.

joshuaao likes this.
  4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Splash, this is the type of trade I was expecting SMh

5. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

They were one win away from beating the Warriors last year, and would’ve won it if CP3’s hamstring doesn’t give out. Morey drafted Clint Capela, and also signed Eric Gordon and P.J. Tucker, both of which have proven to be good moves. He also picked up Austin Rivers, Danuel House and Kenneth Faried this year for nothing. The big mistake he made was giving Ryan Anderson a 4 year, $80 million contract. That contract is what has limited the Rockets flexibility this season.

BaselineFade, coyotetex and Possum like this.
  6. Ryan_Success

Ryan_Success Member

My hope for acquiring a impact/rotational player has been relegated to the buyout market. NBA teams have been hesitant to deal with Morey ever since we finessed OKC for Harden.

7. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

How much longer is Morey gonna be able to live off of one trade? That was 7 years ago.

Our best case scenario at this point is probably standing pat and just getting D. House back.

BigShasta likes this.
  8. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

If this goes down my guess is that House won’t be back. Similar size and skill sets and Burks is only 2 years older. I’d rather have House and save the draft pick, but making this move saves money and I’m betting that is why it’s probably going to happen.

9. icewill36

icewill36 Member

scrappy streak shooters, not stars.... you need STARS to win titles people. the warriors added cousins, we added faried........which team do you think improved the most ? not to mention cp3s decline. the rockets are a superstar and role players. that is the cold hard truth and its not enough for a ring.

10. lionaire

lionaire Member

This is exactly type of deal I was hoping for.

The type that will save my guy Tilman some bucks! Love it!

11. raining threes

He's played 51 games so he hasn't been hurt this year.

A wing that can get his own shot, handle the ball and get to the line regularly.

A guy that adds something to that this team is currently lacking.

biff17 likes this.
  12. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

[​IMG]

saleem, Dgn1, lionaire and 2 others like this.
  13. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

Im a 'wait and see how the guy plays in our system' type of guy. Morey and his crew have stats and would know how the guy can fit in the system and what he wold provide. He can score the ball and has a good handle so that is something we can use more of. He would be an expiring so it's not like it is a long term deal.

We have to wait on Clint to get back and going before we really know what we have now (with Faried). Let Clint get back and rotations get reset then we will see how we look. Right not its just the Harden show out there.

clutchdabear likes this.
  14. bmd

bmd Member

What level of player were you guys expecting? Burks is a decent player. He could help. I see some of you were expecting the Rockets to get someone like Bradley Beal. Anyone expecting anything like that is living on another planet.

15. Possum

Possum Member

Why is everyone acting like a late forst round pick is such a big deal?

16. TheSource

TheSource Member

im interested in seeing Burks catch and shoot percentage since thats most of the shots he will be getting if he does indeed get traded here.

17. Swiss Roll

Swiss Roll Member

allegedly he shoots 45% from the corners, would be nice not having another bricklayer out there.

18. bmd

bmd Member

42.4% catch and shoot from 3.

clutchdabear likes this.
  19. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

First, if you think CP3 is just a run of the mill role player, you really have no clue what you are talking about. He isn’t playing at the level he did last season, but he’s still an all-star caliber player. Second, using DeMarcus Cousins in this argument is silly. The Warriors lucked into him because he chose to ring chase/rehabilitate his reputation on a one year, 5 million contract instead of taking a 2 year, 40 million deal with New Orleans.

Furthermore, I didn’t see anyone saying Harden lacked help last season when the Rockets had a ridiculously high winning percentage in games Harden, Paul and Capela all played, and took the Warriors to the brink. This year, Capela, CP3 and Gordon have each missed more than 10 games due to injuries. Most teams would be in the lottery right now if they lost that many games from three of their top five players, but that just shows the brilliance of James Harden this season.

That said, I do agree with you that the Rockets need to upgrade at small forward, backup power forward, and get a competent backup point guard in case CP3 does miss games in the postseason.

20. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Burks is not bad, adds scoring punch off the bench. Pumped in 21 today as a starter. Shoots much better as a starter. 40 percent from three in 20 games as a starter. He does a little bit of everything. Can really get hot on some nights

clutchdabear and gravityonme like this.