1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Live and Love Texas very much but had to move

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by UtilityPlayer, Aug 7, 2016.

1. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Awesome place to visit.

But I'm not sure about living there.

Unless you know how to speak the language.

2. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

States...
    California
    Florida
    Colorado

Countries... haven't been overseas, so going off speculation
    France
    Brazil
    Italy
    Argentina

3. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I'm in Hawaii now. I'll leave soon enough but I'm in NO RUSH to live back on the "mainland". Hawaii is USA, but its surprisingly revealing to see how wackier the whole US looks from an outside perspective. Texas just seems like a hellhole, gives me a headache thinking how I lived there so long lol. Id move to a warm weather state so its Texas still or California.

Outside the US: I'd go Amsterdam or Holland. US people keep trying to borrow liberation ideas from Euro countries. Instead of Euro-lite US, might as well be in the REAL thing.

4. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

Asheville is beautiful..and has a unique old Austin-like charm (that is Austin pre-90's)

[​IMG]

5. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I was transplanted to Omaha Ne 10 years ago and I can honestly say its a great town......come to the CWS one year and check it out, very clean and a great place to raise a family. I thought the same thing before I got here but I would not leave to come back to H Town......I do miss Whataburger though :)

6. Caesar

Caesar Member

I need plenty of sun and a nearby ocean. I don't do snow or really cold winters. So i guess i know Southern California and Hawaii are at the top since i have lived there before. Not necessarily Texas to come in 3rd for me since i live in Houston and find it miserable but stay due to whole family being here, i'd say Austin, Tx. Because, i wouldn't ever move to Dallas or San Antonio. Florida checks off a lot, but its just too crazy and i don't mess with all those gators/crocs. North Carolina and Virginia interest me, but snowy winters suck.

If i have to move out of the US, i'd go for Australia, Costa Rica, Italy, Spain, Argentina or Chile.

7. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

My eyeballs are.

8. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

North Carolina or Maine.

I'd also move to Iceland.

9. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Colorado for me because it's very similar to Texas and it's full of Texans!

10. Buck Turgidson

North Carolina. Hills and coast and surf and fishing and rivers and lakes and....

I'm about to bite the bullet and buy a spread somewhere around Ruidoso/Cloudcroft so I can spend a few months a year in the coolness. I can't handle these 104 degree summer days too much. [insert Danny Glover pic here]

11. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Madeira has great weather, incredible scenery, is modern yet very affordable, and is only a couple of hours from mainland Europe. I really don't understand how an island like that is as cheap as it is.

12. Exiled

Exiled Member

Turkey with exception to Ankara.
    French part of Switzerland
    Australia
    Spring/fall in Canada
    G.C.C states anytime but summer
    SanDiego

13. s.b713

s.b713 Member

I liked Seattle was there for few months. Another country would be Costa Rica

14. Play07

Play07 Member

im moving to California Bay Area at the of this month, me and my wife are taking a leap of faith. Rent and house prices are crazy but other than that were sooooooo excited.