1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Little bit of movie news..

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rocks_fan, Jan 12, 2006.

1. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

In the "Hollywood is out of ideas" realm of movies, a couple of interesting things. First is some test footage found here ILM has done for the live action "Transformers" movie due out July 4th of next year. Looks pretty good, as long as Michael Bay doesn't go overboard. Well, more overboard than usual.

Second, the first teaser trailer for "Clerks 2" can be found here. Looks funny, although I'm not completely sure Smith can pull it off. I never found Rosario Dawson to have any real redeemable qualities onscreen. However, more Randal and Dante can't be bad.

2. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

That's fake. http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=22178

I didn't need Michael Bay to tell me, but there are some nice tidbits there about how the movie hasn't exactly been greenlit yet until they finish the tests and the script and that they are working on seeing if they can get the transformers to emote.

3. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

Fake? Dang, it actually looked pretty good too.

4. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

The best one was the VW Bug that transforms and then dances. Maybe it's in Google Video.

EDIT: My bad, I was confused, there's a commercial where a Citroen transforms and dances and there was a video a while back of a VW Bug that transforms. I saw that VW bug once just now and it didn't look as good as I remember.

#4 Oski2005, Jan 12, 2006
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2006
  5. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

Yeah I've got that Citroen one on my computer. When I saw it for the first time (about a year ago IIRC) I was convinced that they could do a Transformers movie, given the right special effects company and budget.

6. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

Kevin Smith is overrated in my book.

7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Kevin Smith is a genius, but like all the good ones his first films will always be his best.

8. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Peter Jackson is a genious. Definetly my favorite director.

9. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

With the exception of Dogma, I'd have to agree.

10. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Kevin Smith is a GOD :) i worship that guy.

11. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

So odd seeing the world of Clerks in color... should be great. The animated series was pure genius and sequels in general haven't sucked as of late.

Isn't there supposed to be an animated film coming out as well?

12. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Contributing Member

"I kick arse for the Lord!"