1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

List Your Traffic Violations

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Lil Pun, Aug 18, 2007.

1. rhino17

rhino17 Member

2006-Speeding (25 in a 20)

2. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

speeding
    speeding
    following too close

all dismissed

3. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

wish i coulda figured out how to do that. deferred adjud. and defensive driving were too easy, though...and guaranteed.

But not anymore...the one i went to court for was reduced, but not dismissed..

4. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

2003- Speeding --sadly I was the one caught because i was the slowest out of the 3 cars speeding.
    2005- "running" a stop sign i didnt make a complete stop at a stop sign at my street 2am in the morning. I was given a ticket in the driveway of my parents house.
    2006- Turning right on a red light...the light was still yellow went i started the turn but i sped up to try to beat the light...Cop was nice though and said he would not show in court so i was able dispute that ticket no problems outside of lost time. I think he was a Mcgrady Fan because i was wearing my tmac jersey at the time and he said nice tmac jersey after we were done.

5. rhino17

rhino17 Member

My cop didnt show up for court and the judge said it didnt matter, r they supposed to show up???

6. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

1972 Speeding
    1985 Driving without Seatbelt
    1988 Speeding
    1994 Speeding
    1997 Speeding
    1998 Speeding
    2005 Speeeding/Reckless Driving (15 MPH over Speed Limit)

7. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

2006- speeding
    2007- parking ticket - parked in a no-park zone. should have read the sign.

8. XxShadyPinkxX

XxShadyPinkxX Contributing Member

I got 4 tickets in one day from two different cops. I had only been driving for a couple of weeks.

First cop pulled me over...

Speeding 36/20- I also had no license and no insurance, but I just smiled and bs'ed my way out of those. Got deferred adjud. for the speeding.

Second cop was being a freaking a-hole. Got caught in a trap for turning left from the wrong lane, but I really didn't do it. I had just begun driving my dad's truck and my turns were REALLY wide so when I turned, I ended up behind the guy that turned from the wrong lane. :mad:

He also gave me a ticket for no license and no insurance. Both of those got dismissed, and I've been rescheduling for the left turn from wrong lane.

Then this year, some guy ran a red light while I was driving my boyfriend's car and totaled it. :( I got a ticket for no insurance, but it was dismissed.

9. playlife

playlife Member

how did you get dismissed so many times for not having insurance?

10. XxShadyPinkxX

XxShadyPinkxX Contributing Member

There was insurance on the cars, just not in my name. When I went to court, the judges just checked to see if the car and date matched and payed no mind to the name on the policy.

11. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have three and I don't remember the years.

1. Speeding

2. Failure to yeild when making a left

3. Making a left during prohibited hours. (ie - no left turn between between 4 - 6 PM.)

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

"My Lawyer f*cked me . ." - Andy DuFrane

13. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

I received a failure to yield right of way in 2002. I still remember it to this date and am 100% positive the cop was making the ticket up to be an *******.

Here is the scenario:

In my hometown, it's cool to basically drive in circles on one of the main streets. (Yes, I realize how lame this is now -- but I was in high school... :rolleyes:.) Well, there is a cop waiting in one of the parking lots where everyone turns around. There are about 6 or 7 cars lined up waiting to drive out of the parking lot and this cop is off to the side trying to get in the line. I am at the very back of the line and keep on driving out. About 20 seconds after getting out onto the street, the cop pulls me over. When I ask him what I did he said "I watched you TWICE turn cut cars off as you were turning into the parking lot from the turn lane! I gave you a break the first time, but the second time the car had to swerve, slam on it's breaks, and come to a near complete stop to avoid hitting you!" Well, this is absolutely not true, the cop completely made this story up....I'd remember something like that and I am a very conservative driver -- no other tickets in my life.

Well, I eventually realized why the cop was giving me a ticket -- he didn't admit it, but it's because I didn't let him in the line of cars in front of me. That's the only thing it could be. I was a young kid, just out of high school, and the cop had to think I was dissing him by not letting him in front of me. Furthermore, I think that backs up the "failure to yield right of way" -- why else would he pick such a random ticket? He wanted me to yield to him.

Anyways, I just plead no contest and paid the ticket -- I had to leave for college about 2 days later and didn't want to come back for a court date.