1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

List of rumored big men on the trade block

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RobKsports, Dec 20, 2016.

1. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

Jazz finally is close to getting back with a healthy squad and taking advantage of HOU and LAC injury situation and you expect them to trade DF with a western conference competitor?!

Pen15clubber and RasaqBoi like this.
  2. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

um...not expect...more like, hope?

Mathloom likes this.
  3. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

It doesn't help us now and this is total speculation on my end, but I'd take back Asik if he's bought out mid-season.

Pen15clubber and PhiSlamma15 like this.
  4. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Define, s'il vous please, 'the right deal...quality big'. While I agree I also do not see the expendable assets to get a big in. OK, maybe Diaw? Baynes? And Diaw = MDA creativity from history.

5. basketballholic

Of the three Jazz, Favors is the most likely by far to not be extended and to be traded. Jazz would move him for right package. He's not a floor spreader. They'd move him for the right assets and a little more cap space right now to get Hill renegotiated and be able to sign DMo or another player too.

Personally I'm not sold on Favors. No upside. No 3 ball. Just another banging big that can dunk and board decent with average defense.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. mightybosstone

I kind of agree to disagree. Capela isn't going to be a superstar in this league, but the guy is kind of the perfect starting center for this team. Obviously this has been a small sample size, but he's still very young and he's given us no reason to think he can't handle a starter's workload or that there isn't room for further improvement. If Morey goes out and trades for another long-term starter, then he'll stunt Capela's growth and create a logjam at center that the Rockets don't need.

With Nene and Harrell both playing well this season, I see no reason to think Houston can't survive a month or two without Clint as long as they can find a third guy to get serviceable production out of. Teams lose players for a month or two all the time. They don't go out and trade for another long-term starter to replace that player.

hakeem94 and Jayzers_100 like this.
  7. Raz

Raz Member

Nurkic: Cheap contract, but unexperienced. Didn't play lately, still not sure if he's worth giving up what Denver will ask
    Cauley-Stein: Useless on Offense and no help on Defense either. Maybe worth a try for a young team that doesn't compete.
    Vucevic: Zero defense, not solving any of our problems.
    Monroe: Less than zero defense, terrible contract, gtfo!
    Noel: Character issues, injury prone, wants to get paid in summer.
    Okafor: The worst player in the NBA right now getting regular minutes, total bust. No sane person will give Philly anything for him.

There's a reason why these folks are available and Morey needs to keep his hands away from any of them. Among the other names mentioned, only Koufos and Chandler make sense, although both of them are not on good contracts and their respective teams will demand a high price since the Rockets are buyers now. I hope Trez will fix this mess.

8. RocketsFan92

RocketsFan92 Member

throw wiltjer in the fire

9. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Yeah I don't think Orlando is a good match. Trading Oladipo is looking bad right now. Ibaka has not been worth it imo.

Unless Orlando just wants to move the contract, no way it happens without losing an important piece.

Hard to say what will happen if anything. I'm on the Tyson Chandler bandwagon right now.

10. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Lmao lets just outscore these guys and keep going.

Pen15clubber and Junkyard_Dog like this.
  11. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

We could win the rest of the games in the regular season and people would still be calling for a trade.

hakeem94 and DudeWah like this.
  12. juanm34

juanm34 Member

It's time to showcase the kid!

FanSince93 likes this.
  13. Bo6

Bo6 Member

give 10 more min to Trez, 7 to Wilt and 3 to Chinanu

14. vtjsr2

vtjsr2 Member

come home

D-rock, HTX Ninja and Pen15clubber like this.
  15. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

I would rather have Tarik Black. For that matter, I would rather go with what we have than trade for those guys.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  16. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

The purpose of making a trade for a defensive big is for what happens after the regular season in the playoffs. At any rate, we went into the season needing more depth at the 5, we needed depth during the season before Capela went down, we definitely need depth after his injury, and will continue to need depth from here on out.

Morey's not going to sit idly looking at deadweight that's on the bench (Brewer, KJ and Ennis), the small assets he has in the draft (2 2nd Rounders from other teams plus whatever picks the Rockets still have), and not try to bolster the roster.

I hope this Onuaku kid can give us 5-10 minutes of hustle for the next 4-6 weeks but, even after that when Capela comes back, you still need that depth. The Clippers, Spurs, Grizzlies, and Warriors have more than enough personnel up front to outmuscle this current Rockets roster in a 7 game series.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  17. dwhite

dwhite Member

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

One thing Morey won't do is panic - this is only 4 weeks.

DD

19. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

OP should rename this thread to :

"Players on the other teams are not that good but at least they are not as shtltty as KJ or Ennis, so lets make up a rumor thread."

20. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I wonder what Emeka Okafor is up to. Wasn't he supposed to be making a comeback?

Honestly we just need someone like that to play 10-15 minutes for 1 month. If this injury had happened later in the season, we wouldn't even sign anyone, we'd just develop Onuaku for those minutes but unfortunately it's still too early in the dude's development.

It's not the time to trade anything but Ennis, Brewer or KJ, and a second rounder. If that can get us back a low paid journeyman PF/C go for it, otherwise it's just not the right time. There is two months to the deadline and losing teams will start to look at trading rotation players, and I want to be IN for that game.

Losing Capela shouldn't cost us any more than a game or two more than we would have lost anyway over a month. It's fine.