1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

List of Rocket draft picks playing overseas and where they are currently playing

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mrjohn, Jul 2, 2011.

Tags:
  1. mrjohn

mrjohn Member

Thanks, Bima.

Axel is 28? Probably too old and underwhelming to wind up in NBA now, no? I mean how old was Sabonis when he came - at least he was a high profile, skilled guy. That's who I think of when I think of someone far in their career coming to the NBA.

2. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

Have we heard anything at all that suggests that any of these guys is coming over this season or the next one?

3. Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut Member

would of been nice to get some of these guys over for summer league, but alas no summer league this year

4. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

I am pretty sure that the Rockets traded Hervelle's rights. Hervelle is not near to anything resembling a star in Europe. He is a strict role player. But I am positive that he would have no problem playing in the NBA.

He would do the same thing he does in Europe. Play as a championship caliber type role player. He is like Brian Cardinal with actual talent and ability.

5. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Provide a link then, because every site I've looked at has the Rockets still owning his rights.

http://www.shamsports.com/content/pages/data/draft/unsigneddraftpicks.jsp
    http://basketball.realgm.com/src_playerfile/1130/axel_hervelle/
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axel_Hervelle

Hervelle is a decent player and I guess the Rockets could bring him over some day, should they be desperate for depth, but I don't see it, giving Hervelle's advanced age.

6. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

28 is "advanced age"?

He has no reason to play in the NBA anyway.

7. HMMMHMM

The Rockets won't need any depth for at least a year. Probably two. Perhaps even longer than that.

29, 30 or 31 certainly is an advance age for a 'rookie'.
    Besides, most European players need a year to adjust anyway.

Like you said though, it doesn't really matter, because he'll get to play more in Europe and probably make more money, too.

8. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

He does not play that much in Europe though. He is a role player there.

9. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

[​IMG]

This guy came to us at age 27. But I know Scola's level and Hervelle's level are definitely not on the same playing field.

10. mdoggnic

mdoggnic Contributing Member

What ever happened to malicke badienne?

11. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

this elay ahh ooooo guy looks like he could actually possibly be better than d-mo. his moves around the basket are sick.

12. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

He is actually way better than Motiejunas at the current time.

13. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

You know, if you're going to start a thread called "List of Rocket draft picks playing overseas and where they are currently playing", the least you can do is spend the five to ten minutes googling that topic so that you actually do list the Rocket draft picks playing overseas and where they are currently playing - not just ask somebody else to do that work for you.

1 star thread.

14. rocketsfan23

rocketsfan23 Member

lol okay?

15. HMMMHMM

The Euroleague groups just got drawn.

Sergio Llull (Real Madrid) and Lior Eliyahu (Maccabi Tel Aviv) are in the same group (C).
    Brad Newley's team is playing in the Euroleague qualifier. Should they qualify they'll play in group C also.
    Maarty Leuen's team (Cantu) is in group A.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. cod

cod Member

Traded to the Grizzlies years ago. They did sign him but was cut before the regular season began.

17. mrjohn

mrjohn Member

Nice find. Schedules up to? Can be watched on espn?

That's pretty much all our prospects - at least the ones that will/might make it to the NBA.

18. HMMMHMM

The schedule isn't finalized yet, but the qualifying round will start some time late October. The regular season will start some time mid September.

ESPN3 might show it, but I'm not certain on that.

19. mrjohn

mrjohn Member

Thanks. Hopefully, the lockout will be ended by then. So I guess there's no remotely-rockets related basketball to watch in the summer...

20. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

ESPN3 airs 2 games a week of Euroleague, usually one of them is the game of the week. They also air the Euroleague Final Four. It is the same schedule that NBATV airs, except NBATV airs the games on about a week delay.

The chances of Cantu's games being aired are almost zero.