1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

List of Bigs Morey should consider: Pros and Cons

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jopatmc, Feb 27, 2008.

1. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

1. Antonio Davis - Pros, big strong body, proven in the league, can defend with anybody and decent offensive game. Cons-almost 40 years old, out of the league, has he stayed in shape?

2. Chris Andersen - Pros, great size and athleticism, great shot blocker, still relatively young. Cons - drug problem, out of league last two years, seems like a knucklehead, no offensive game except grab and throw down.

3. Kelvin Cato - Pros, proven experience, very good defender/shotblocker, at least he ain't push'n 40. Cons - probably out of shape, poor work ethic, very limited offensively.

4. Michael Olowokandi - Pros, very good offensive game in the post,good size, decent age, NBA experienced. Cons - the rest of his game, defense, attitude, BBall IQ, ball stopper, etc.

5. P.J. Brown - Pros, good defender, good jumpshooter/floor spreader, very smart, competitive, probably still in good shape. Cons - doesn't seem interested in coming back.

6. Nick Fazekas - Pros, good size, great shooter, good rebounder. Cons - rookie, slow, slow, slow, unathletic.

7. Vladamir Stepania - Pros, good size, decent athleticism, good age. Cons - out of league long time, very unproven

8. Wang ZhiZhi?? - would he even be available?

If I was Darryl, I think I'd be calling up Olowakandi and Davis and see if they would come in and work out. Olowakandi for all his weaknesses does have offensive post up game, which would be a good contrast from Deke. I think it would make sense, if he is in decent shape to give him a run as the backup big man and see what he could bring us. If we are really out of the Barry sweepstakes, then our prioriy should be finding a big that can spell Deke off the bench. We're gonna need another big body against PHX, SA, and LA if we get there. Davis would be great too but I think he's probably too far gone. P.J. makes a whole lot of sense on both ends of the court but nobody's been able to talk him back yet. Don't know who else is out there. Sweetney is probably up over 400 lbs by now. Danny Fartson could lay some wood on people.

2. Glacier

Glacier Member

IMHO, say "No" to all of them. They are either washed up or out of shape.

3. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Those guys all make Jamaal Magloire look like Wilt Chamberlain. Too bad that idiot signed with Dallas so he can ride their bench.

If I had to pick one of those guys I suppose I would go with P.J. Brown for experience or Fazekas for the longterm. I guess I would consider this Justin Williams guy too.

4. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

I like Brown or Davis, however Anderson is interesting. Cato can replace Deke's role as cheerleader, and we can do a welcome back party...

5. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

6. Seven

Seven Contributing Member