1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Linsanity the Movie

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bball7, Jan 16, 2013.

1. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Looks pretty good!

2. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

What is so self hating about what he wrote? It's about what the target audience wants.

3. CantGoLeft

CantGoLeft Member

So you're saying just because Hollywood movies are popular in Asia that they're less racist than Americans because asian actors aren't big stars here?

It's just a fact that asian american parents dont encourage their kids to be actors or athletes, so there aren't many of them in America.

The average American doesn't say "there's a Chinese actor co-staring in this film, I don't want to see it".

4. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Is this real life?

I am not insecure enough to let being Asian impact my life. Have I been discriminated against because of my race? Of course. Do I care? No. I move on because it is no big deal and now I got a nice job where i get to be "racist" :rolleyes:.

You guys complain about how the world works and want the world to change so that life would be easier or fairer for you, and I am the self-hating Asian??

5. gamer4Life

gamer4Life Member

Like I said, you shouldn't cater to racism, otherwise you would still have whites-only restaurants.

6. munco

munco Member

The target audience doesn't want to see Asian Americans in films?

7. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

How well does Asian films usually do in America? The ones with them being the main stars?

8. munco

munco Member

You're not insecure because you haven't let Asian impact your life? Wtf?

1 person likes this.
  9. CantGoLeft

CantGoLeft Member

Just because they chose to sell products with imagery of pop american culture doesn't mean the Asians aren't racist.

10. munco

munco Member

You're not insecure because you haven't let being Asian impact your life? Wtf?

11. gamer4Life

gamer4Life Member

You're speaking out of ignorance. Go speak with Asian actors, especially male ones, and see if they aren't discriminated against in leading roles.

Many times, the "average American" doesn't even have the choice, because the decision has been made not to cast an Asian actor.

What you are saying contradicts with what YaoMac09 is saying - you believe it's lack of supply (from Asian parents), he believes it's the lack of demand (racism).

1 person likes this.
  12. munco

munco Member

What does have to do with anything? We're talking about Asian Americans in U.S. films

13. gamer4Life

gamer4Life Member

No one is saying they aren't racist at all, but much less racist than Americans, as it is evident that they are more accepting of watching white people in leading roles and on billboards.

14. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

I meant American films with Asians in it. How well do they usually do at the box office.

15. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

That is not what I wrote, there is a difference between " I am not insecure enough to" and "I am not insecure because".

Me - I couldn't care less what race I am
    You - I am Asian, this happens to Asians, I want that to happen to Asians, life is not fair. everyone racist. wahhh

16. gamer4Life

gamer4Life Member

No one was saying you were racist, you are just making a marketing decision based on the racism of the demographic you are catering to. You have to keep your job somehow, right? No need to get offended.

On the other hand, accepting inequality and not doing anything about it is an indication of self-hate. People who stand up to inequality and racism have pride.

17. VanityHalfBlack

Don't you know anything???

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  18. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Just curious, what have you done in your life to fight inequality besides posting on forums?

19. gamer4Life

gamer4Life Member

Yeah exactly. The only "positive" roles is Glen, and Short Round.

Ken Jeong is a one-man Asian minstrel show.

20. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

Pretty exciting. Did you notice that the T in Linsanity is like a cross....paying tribute to Lin's faith. Cool!

1 person likes this.