1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Linsanity the movie is on Youtube

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thebeardHtown, Nov 22, 2013.

1. DL24

DL24 Member

tinman u funny guy, its cool that you still like Lin despite all the LOF, what was clutch like back in 1999

2. yummyhawtsauce

rofl!

3. yummyhawtsauce

I believe the Mav's were also seriously considering Lin but I thikn they didn't have any room for him since beaubois was supposed to be their future PG. at least thats what was said about Lin from the Mavs staff.

4. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

I can't believe how lucky the director got. He was filming Lin before he was even famous and all of a sudden Linsanity happened. Guy should be buying lottery tickets every day :grin:

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lin is a Rocket. By default, he absolutely cares about the Rockets winning.

LOFs don't care if the Rockets win or lose. it's not in their nature to care about a team or city they don't know or can't find on a map.

1999, they were originals of the site (me included) who were knighted as 99ers.

Not all the 99ers are active on this site now since it's been a long time.

Say we have about 300 99ers active compared to thousands of 2012ers and 2013ers.

2013er, what is your occupation? "I'm a LOF"...

99ers, what is your occupation?? "ROCKET FAN"

See 2013er,
    We have more Rocket fans than you!

#165 tinman, Dec 4, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  6. Whoopy

Whoopy Member

That's actually more amazing than Linsanity itself. To actually film this from before it happened. In Hoop Dreams, none of those guys made it, they were all duds by the time they got to college.

7. Crunchyball

Crunchyball Rookie

Haha tinman Enjoying himself again

8. RoxOn RoxOff

RoxOn RoxOff Member

I enjoyed the reference. Great movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gI6sARmxEuc

9. Linsanity

Linsanity Member

Tinman.... there should be category for NBA fans called - AoF (Asian only Fans) since these people only support the Asians who play in NBA and follow the team that their asian brothers are in.

10. RoxOn RoxOff

RoxOn RoxOff Member

Are you really Josh? #colormegullible

11. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

Besides it being one of his low points, Lin has said himself that "getting cut on Christmas Day" made it possible for the NY to pick him up off waiver wire. Can't remember why exactly but he said had it been a day earlier of later he probably wouldn't have ended with the Knicks. It's a part of his "God's plan", "miraculous" narrative.

They also interviewed Morey, FWIW.

12. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

The Knicks picked Jeremy up because Iman Shumpert got injured in a Christmas day game. If Jeremy was waived earlier he could have cleared waiver (48 hours) and he could choose to sign with any team interested. I read somewhere that the Lakers tried to claim him but the Knicks had a worse record so the Knicks "won".

If Jeremy had cleared waiver it's possible that he chose to sign with a California team closer to home.

13. Whoopy

Whoopy Member

Yes but his fate was the Knicks. Linsanity might not have happened with the Lakers. Right place at the right time.

14. beastlyball

beastlyball Member

You do realize it did not end well for the other fella who gave that speech right?

15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

But the evil empire that WORSHIPED A FALSE GOD fell and the good and righteous NATION endured.

Clutch City WILL NEVER FALL TO FAKE FANS

THIS. IS. CLUTCHFANS!

[​IMG]

#175 tinman, Dec 4, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  16. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

Lol I see what you are doing here. Clever!

17. DJSlik

DJSlik Rookie

do you even know what the spartans worshipped? you may be a 99er, but it doesn't mean you know much about the world beyond clutchfans!

18. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

True. That's what Jeremy has been saying in his testimonies, a lot of things that were not in his control had to have happened for Linsanity to take place.

19. DreamRun95

DreamRun95 Member

Is it blasphemous to say the Clutch City I &II isn't my number 1 basketball documentary? :grin:
    Personally I don't rank the documentaries I watch and say this one is better then the other because each film teaches me a little something another might not.

Bird&Magic: A courtship of rivals gave me new insights into how the 80's golden era began. Also how race and drugs was very big negatives that might have ended the league.

Bulls 1-6 Championship Documentaries + Clutch City 1-2 : A story about winning 90s basketball

Hoop dreams : Poverty background and people's basketball is the only way out of the projects.

Linsanity : A look at asian Americans in relation to basketball.

There are heaps more like the Michael Jordan, Shawn Kemp Rain man etc.etc. all have elements to paint the bigger picture.

20. rubbertoe

rubbertoe Member

[youtube]WiHn7EgT6yc[/youtube]