1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Linsanity? More like Kevinsanity!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Porksta, Feb 15, 2012.

Tags:
  1. OremLK

OremLK Member

Actually, this is a great point.

Martin would be excellent alongside Howard. Especially with an elite PG running the show.

If we could somehow swing a big three of D-Will, Howard, and Martin we would be perennial championship contenders. That is at least as good as Miami's big three in my opinion because it's a much more balanced squad.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I don't know about that
    Lebron and Wade are one inch above Howard

Admit Bosh is a drop off here but he is arguably at Dwill's level and above Martin's.
    Now you tell me that is more balanced than Miami's team.
    However we could fill our roster with better role players depending on money OH WAIT
    Lebron is only getting 15 and Wade is close to 16 millions... Well Well

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is what he is. Top 40 player in the league at best.
    Top 15 are allstars.

4. OremLK

OremLK Member

I agree that INDIVIDUALLY LeBron/Wade are better than Howard/D-Will. However, an inside-out offense with an elite point guard, an elite center, and a borderline all-star shooting guard is a lot more balanced than Miami's big three.

LeBron/Bosh/Wade all tend to produce their value in similar ways, they like to dominate the ball and take midrange jumpers or make moves to the basket.

D-Will, Martin, and Howard all produce in very different ways and I think they would complement each other much better. Martin moving without the ball, D-Will making plays from the perimeter, and Howard dominating the paint.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That was last year. I agree on paper it seems that way. This season they almost got it together. And Bosh is entering a super role player mode that he should be figuring out - more rebounding, more blocks, and more help defense.
    I will be watching them closely. You have to watch Lebron, that guy has been efficient all season, being there when injury happens to Wade.
    He practiced with Hakeem in the offseason to PLAY IN THE POST.

I agree DWill, Howard, Martin will be a force to be reckoned with, depending on role players yet they are No. 2
    should be above Kobe, Bynum, Gasol and above the Celts, Hawks, Bulls.

Spurs are feelin it again.

6. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

My dream lineup would be

Howard
    Ppat
    Morris/Bud
    Martin
    D-Will

You surround Howard with efficient shooters, we will be the favorites coming out of the west.

7. jaxwithanx

jaxwithanx Member

Wish other people would give a little cred to McHale for this one. Obviously, he handled the Martin situation correctly....

I personally feel Martin planned on not being affected by the trade but when the offense didn't immediately click for him, he began to feel sorry for himself and pout.

Maybe, this kickstarted him, I hope, because it's not like he just isn't a good player anymore.....

....and yes, even if that means to up his trade value.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Efficient shooters

Howard
    RyanAnderson
    Morris/Hedo
    Martin/Lee/Reddick/CJWatson
    Dwill