1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lin's scrutiny

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kaitanuva, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Cadreaming

Cadreaming Member

This is where you're wrong: You claim to be such a BIG Rockets fan, yet you root against a Rocket player!

1 person likes this.
  2. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

Lin is getting that Kobe/Lebron treatment, where there are just as many people tuning in to watch him, there are just as many who watch to hope to see him fail.

3. gtmkcp

gtmkcp Member

Thank you. There are so many lovefest threads for Harden, which is justified, but that poster doesn't seem to be bother by it so I don't know why he has such as problem if some fans post positive threads about Lin.

I do think people should be less sensitive, however sometimes it's gets really annoying if a certain poster constantly just post negative things about a player.

4. pcheung08

pcheung08 Member

I wonder where is tinman recently. didn't see him posting or joining this LOF vs LOH war? instead HowardStern registered in Nov.2012. just curious.

5. AVP

AVP Member

Honestly, I really don't see any Lin fans here other than those who came here following him. I see a lot of "real Rockets fan" saying stuff like "he'll be OK", but I really don't see any love for him. NY fans really loved Lin; Houston fans, not so much.

6. slickster

slickster Member

WTF are LOH and LOF??????????

7. Linsanity 2.0

Linsanity 2.0 Member

I didn't even know these acronyms until I came to this site.

LOF = Lin only fan
    LOH = Lin only hater

It's hilarious. I've been labelled a LOF by at least a dozen people, so bizarre. When in Rome.

8. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

I can -

9. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

Fair enough. I understand the player criticism. I have personally criticized many Rockets players before, including even the most popular ones. That said, I just cannot stand this fool who comes here on purpose to attack a certain group of fans. How selfish he is to use this site as a platform to promote his own r****ded agenda. It is trolls like him who try to bring this forum down to the ESPN boards level.

10. sidestep

sidestep Member

The moderators are a very noticeable presence on realgm. They regularly make interventions when people are baiting, trolling, and causing trouble. I wish that level of moderation was also on clutchfans.

11. gtmkcp

gtmkcp Member

Agree, if a certain Lin fans says something that some older fan doesn't agree with, they are labeled a LOF and it's assumed that all Lin fans think alike. Anyways why do people hate it that he has a lot of fans. I have no problem if people's favorite player is Harden or Parsons or Asik, etc.

12. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

It's your handle dude, sorry

13. Coban Hutton

Coban Hutton Member

NYers loved Lin because Linsanity happened there and he revived that crap team.

Houston fans not so much because they signed Lin when he was actually starting to get underrated -- people got cynical and said he was "overrated" and started underrating him.

He's really not overrated at all. He's overHYPED, big difference.

14. Linsanity 2.0

Linsanity 2.0 Member

I am a fan of a lot of sports, and a lot of athletes. Currently, I'm riding the Linsanity wave, and I take pride in it. If people feel it necessary to disparage me for being excited about a player, that's their problem. I am not going to change the way I live my life, to appease a bunch of haters. I was pretty happy when that handle was available.

15. sidestep

sidestep Member

I'm disappointed in the level of bull**** that is allowed on this board. It really has devolved into the free-for-all, anything-goes ESPN boards.

16. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

Look alot of the trolls are folks like linMVP. linMVP has been spewing nonsense, and folks get pissed and blame anyone which remotely supports Lin. This is all kneejerk witch hunt reactions, started by trolls.

lets drop this please, and move on.

17. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I guess u don't remember how posters criticized brooks and lowry when they cam off injuries? Just asking because I remember it in 1080 hd.

18. Linsanity 2.0

Linsanity 2.0 Member

I don't know if he's over-hyped. He's only making 8.3 million this year, and his story is something out of Hollywood. He's a hard working young man, who against all odds, fought his way to stardom on the biggest basketball stage in the world. He deserves everything he's gotten, hype and all. It's a great story, and I hope it has a great ending.

19. Linsanity 2.0

Linsanity 2.0 Member

I don't even know if LinMVP is a troll. If he isn't, I think I feel bad about accusing him of being one. There is nothing wrong with being delusional about your favorite player. The problem I have is when LOFs are all labelled as delusional, and that's what pisses me off. Let people get excited, whether they're living in a dream world or not, who are you to crush their reality. On the other hand, if he's a troll, I hope he gets a new hobby.

20. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

Funny thing is, NY media continues to do damage control and still mentions Lin. The hype has slowly begun to switch to James Harden as ESPN and media are salivating over his breakout performances, but that's also good enough for them to start raining down on the Rockets if they start to struggle.