1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lin's scrutiny

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kaitanuva, Nov 2, 2012.

1. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

If lin can give us a consistent line of something like 15-7-4 2steals and 3-4 turnovers he will be an effective player for us.. i don't expect the world of him, i think he is just another young PG with talent and i won't get on him if he makes mistakes as he is young.

we are going to be a lot of fun to watch this year, but i still don't know what to expect

2. AVP

AVP Member

You just said, you have nothing against Lin but just his fans. Your bashing of Lin just simply trolling, yet you refused to accept it when people call you out on it.

And for the first and last time, I'm not a Lin fan. I'm an old Sonic Fan who love the fact you guys got Harden and b****-slapped OKC for us.

3. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

And you look like someone who signed up for this username just to hate on a Rockets player and to stir up the pot against some new fans. Signed up in Oct 2012? Geez I wonder why?

4. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

Hey guys. Just registered to join the Rockets community. I like Lin but also love the new look Rockets with Hardin on board.

After reading all these comments, I just can't fathom why some of you are so critical of Lin. I mean he got 21/10/7 ! I mean those are great numbers.. But even better is that the team won!

No, he is not at Hardin level by any stretch of the imagination but he is an awesome team player. Even when he makes mistakes - he contributes in other areas like rebounds (i mean 5 OR as a pg?)

I will be first to tell you when he sucks (I also cringed at those crappy shots he took in the 4th quarter) but let's be honest, he has thus far lived up to his billing and there is no reason to think he is going to be a flop. He's getting his stats and more importantly the team is winning.

5. torocan

torocan Member

What does the hype have to do with anything?

Lin didn't print the articles.

He hardly did any interviews and NO talk shows (though he was inundated with requests).
    He took VERY few sponsorship opportunites... he literally recieved HUNDREDS of them.
    He begged the media to pay less attention to him and his family and more to his team mates.
    He didn't ask for a gazillion fans, or the worldwide media turn him into a phenomenon.

And he certainly didn't force his way here.

Lowry wanted his way out.
    Dragic wanted a Player option for his 4th year and Morey wasn't going to give a 4th year Player option as there's no trade flexibility.

Heck, neither he OR Morey thought the Rockets had a snowball's chance to end up as a Rocket.

Lin's said from the start that he would have rather stayed in NYC his entire career.

So, maybe you're pissed at McHale because he didn't sort things with Lowry, or Dragic for standing on a 4th year player option demand, or Morey for not giving it to him.

What does ANY of that have to do with Lin?

All Lin has done is TRY to play his best, share the ball, and be a good team mate and player for the Rockets since he got here.

He's put up solid stats for BOTH games regular season games, and is one of the 3 players that is CARRYING this team.

35 team rebounds... Lin had almost 1/3 of them.
    109 team points ... Lin put up just under 1/5 of them
    22 assists ... Lin had just under 1/3 of them
    3 TO's over 40 minutes (tied for lowest amongst the starters)

AND he's coming off Knee surgery and doesn't have his shot fully back yet.

And you want to give him a hard time because some fans love the guy?

Seriously... what has Lin done?

4 people like this.
  6. Linsanity 2.0

Linsanity 2.0 Member

You are wrong, because you are assuming all Lin fans are the same. I'm sure there are fans of Lin that only care about him, but I'll bet you, the vast majority of fans of Lin, will become fans of other players on the Rockets. Having Lin on the Rockets, only increases the exposure for the Rockets, bringing in a larger fanbase. As you know in life, familiarity creates loyalty, and after the Linsanity is over, there will be a lot of Rocket fans that came over on the Linsanity ship.

I really am not one for posting on forums, but there was way too much bashing on Lin and his fans, so I became the overzealous LOF, trolling LOF bashers. Here's a thread from a NY forum, discussing Lin and Harden. There's no hate for Lin there anymore, but when Linsanity began, it was almost as bad as how ClutchFans currently is. On RealGM, there were more mature/thoughtful posters, so the more logical heads prevailed. Hopefully this is just a short learning curve for fans of the Rockets on Clutchfans.

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1210775

I really don't know why there's so much hate for Lin, but it's out there. Funny thing is, the threads about Lin attract as many haters as fans of his. If you don't like LOFs or Lin, why click on a Lin thread?

1 person likes this.
  7. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

Rockets fans come here to talk Houston Rockets basketball and discuss players performance. A troll like you comes here with the sole purpose to attack a certain group of fans. The only non-rocket fan I am seeing here is you. It is fools like you who try to turn every thread into a yelling match. Trolls like you are malicious to this wonderful website.

1 person likes this.
  8. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

This.

Btw to the lin fans, don't be so sensitive to criticism. We absolutely kill douglas every game and noone says anything about it. Scola was a popular figure but ppl killed him for his flopping and lack of defense. Battier was also real popular but he got ripped on a regular basis. We are fans, its what we do. Doesn't matter who it is

9. nono

nono Member

LOFs are constantly trolled because they are easy targets for baiting. They are all extremely overly sensitive.

1 person likes this.
  10. Coban Hutton

Coban Hutton Member

Who posts more about Lin and disrupts threads more?

I say Lin haters, rather than these imaginary so-called LOFs.

I'm a former Knicks fan, so yes, I did follow Lin to the Rockets, but I've always been an appreciator of the Rockets organization (Hakeem was my late father's favorite player) and of "Moreyball." I'm also a Harden fan.

I just don't see a lot of idiotic "Boston Rockets" type posts here. It's in the LOHs' heads.

Some Lin fans here are extremely knowledgable about basketball.

1 person likes this.
  11. beta ticket

beta ticket Member

Thank you so much for your comments. All of the players should be treated with respect especially when they fought hard to help the team win. Show some love, houstonian.

12. apollo33

apollo33 Member

realgm

mature/thoughtful

u wot m8?

13. Linsanity 2.0

Linsanity 2.0 Member

Read the thread.

14. Coban Hutton

Coban Hutton Member

I think you may be right, but it's not because the posters are more thoughtful. The moderation there is better, and they will ban racist baiters and that type of poster.

15. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

The problem is the hype.

It's a little annoying when some people wildly overrate players. So, for some it's a natural reaction to attempt to balance that out. That's probably not the best route but it happens. Basically, the Lin haters only exist because there are LOFs.

And, there are obvious reasons why Lin is a huge fan favorite. But, the reality is you can't have any sort of objective conversation about Lin's performance with people that are here only because of him. Unlike some of the players we've had in recent history (Lowry, Dragic, etc.), Lin is just one of those players that will likely never be as good as his fans think he is. This will inevitably lead to endless debates and 'gotcha threads' over high turnover nights and heroic scoring outbursts.

1 person likes this.
  16. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

Then why was he getting the same exact treatment before he got his contract when he was pulling 700K in NY. He was getting called a fluke, marginal, backup, dleague, by everyone... DURING LINSANITY.

17. Entropy

Entropy Member

Is it because he's Asian?

18. BleedRed

BleedRed Member

Dude u do know u signed up in oct 2012 too right? You are either lof or Lin hater or u just confused mofo

19. Linsanity 2.0

Linsanity 2.0 Member

I am here because of him, and find me a post of mine, where I have any type of delusions of what he has done. The problem exists right here, people (LOHs) tend to believe that all his fans think and talk the same way. This is complete B.S., and is basically stereotyping an entire group out of prejudice.

20. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

We need to IP ban HowardStern.

If he resorts to proxy then have fun with your significantly slower internet as a compromise to your idiotic trolling.