1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lin's scrutiny

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kaitanuva, Nov 2, 2012.

1. AdrenaLINe

AdrenaLINe Rookie

problem with haters like you is you have a perception of what most Lin fans will say...

then you put words into our mouths...

yet you cant find instances of most of us LOFs saying it...

2. bball_homer

bball_homer Member

i feel there's a lot of haters and trolls here

but u know what, i feel the majority of fans are happy with Lin's performance

just the minority who are not, are really really loud about it

3. HowardStern

HowardStern Rookie

I must say LOFs aren't as bad as YOFs and TOFs but still I wish "only fans" didn't exist or wouldn't post on this forum.

1 person likes this.
  4. nono

nono Member

lol yeah i remember that. He sure shut them up. T

5. AVP

AVP Member

It bugs me to no end that someone can hate on a player who helped their team win just because he hates "his fans". Maybe if the team lost the game and his target was the culprit will make him feel better. Kinda wonder where his priorities lies.

Maybe some of you are geared toward hating fans of Asian players because of Yao and YOF. I can understand that, but the level of hatred displayed here is near the level of irrationality. That I do not understand. It just smells like hints of racism to me.

6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

notice how there were like literally 2 haters of Lin during Linsanity and they were both banned.

Somehow, just somehow, when Lin fans started registering and posting, they claim the forum is "filled" with haterz and trolls.

7. MKL

MKL Member

People forget this is Lin's 2nd time as a Rocket. The first time he was waived to create cap space and the Rockets already had 3 PGs. Then Linsanity happened people mocked the Rockets front office, just like the Warriors front office. However, no one in Houston really had a chance to watch Lin. And Texas is a Football state, this is also a Texans site.

It all accumulated to a troll and bait storm. Just 2 days ago, people still wanted to keep picks and Lamb over signing Harden.

Also, I think the Rocket fans are a bit spoiled, they never had the type of embarrassing seasons like the Knicks and Nets bottom dwelling teams over previous 10 years.

Stay cool bros, don't let yourself get baited too easily.

8. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

honestly, i think overall we're not that hard on Lin. There are a few who are just so effing annoying because all they do is hate on Lin or ride on his jock. It's annoying and I'm picturing all future gamethreads get clogged up in r****ded and pointless back and forth between overly-sensitive LOFs and whoever controls the sigmund, howardstern, etc. accounts.

Harden scored 45 tonight on 19 shots. 45 POINTS on 19 SHOTS. and yet half the gamethread is about "Lin sucks" and "no he doesn't". For pete's sake, can y'all just shut the f**k up with that noise?

9. HowardStern

HowardStern Rookie

Hey I'm going leave it like this.

As a rockets fan, I feel like it is a slap to my face when someone comes out and admits that he only likes a player on this team and doesn't give a **** about the team. If that's the case why are you here? Your not a rockets fan and if your favorite player was to play for a rival team you would hop on to the other teams bandwagon and also us true rockets fans could be having a true discution about the team but since you are an "only a fan" your argument would be totally baised. You would ruine what a message board should be.

Now tell me where I'm wrong

Go Rockets!!!

10. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

THIS.

11. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

Love fest is justified because he is a Houston Rocket and we are Rockets fans.

Hate fest is not justified because he has not done anything damaging to the Houston Rockets so far.

If you cannot tell the difference between the two, you are even more dumb than I thought.

2 people like this.
  12. AVP

AVP Member

Then why do you bash Lin specifically instead of the fans themselves? Unless you are talking **** about Lin just to piss them off? If that's the case, then you are a troll and an immature prick. There are ways of dealing with these kinds of fans, and your way just proves that you're an ass who enjoy offending people intentionally. Your action then actually embarrassed the entire population of the "real Rocket fans" which you seemed to be representing. You're doing a great job at that, btw.

I'll just leave it at that.

13. Dei

Dei Member

Because we're moving on from two PGs who had break-out years last year who didn't get the same hype but, really, served more. Both played longer and, arguably, better. Lowry was a dark horse for All-Star and Dragic was beasting post-break. A lot of guys here hold the opinion that Lin had too much hype because he was in NY.

14. whozee

whozee Member

Its simple really, for every LOF you get a LOH.

So thats a whole lot of people worshipping him, and a whole lot of people ready to come down on him like a pile of bricks

15. hahachui

hahachui Member

It is just because we have Hugh expectation on him

16. MKL

MKL Member

Stop getting baited. I'm surprised mods doesn't dish out more warnings and suspensions.

17. HowardStern

HowardStern Rookie

Are you ****ing r****ded? So I'm not allowed to "bash" a player after a bad game??? Is Lin not allowed to be criticized??? See, this is why LOFs are killing this forum.

I'm done, I'm not going to argue with non-rockets fans.

18. AVP

AVP Member

So that justify the irrational hate on Lin even when the Rockets are winning? How long will you hold the decision of your front office against your own starting PG? How long will Lin carry the "sin" of being hyped by NY media?

Posts like this just make me think some of you "real" fans will never accept him. You are bashing him for actions which has nothing to do with him and you feel it's OK.

1 person likes this.
  19. MKL

MKL Member

Why not hate Harden? Lowry and Dragic both turned into picks and capspace for Rockets.

But then there are Machado only fans here too. life is strange.

20. VeloCity

VeloCity Member

If you want to root against any Rocket player, you should get the ***** out. Now.