1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lin's scrutiny

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kaitanuva, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Jetfuel

Jetfuel Member

The problem isn't with forums or fans but with people who generalise and jump to conclusions without any evidence to back up their claims, especially when they display obvious and blatant hypocrisy while doing so.

Maybe you are at the receiving end of so much vitriol because you continue to offer pointless generalisations a prime example being your post above which I've quoted.

As a Lin fan, I think this forum is pretty great and actually very constructive for the most part. But every forum has its share of idiots and trolls.

2. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

and this is all good! boy how much could be learned from people who think not...:grin:

3. ParanoidAndroid

"you guys"? yeah let's start gangs and cliques now. how old are you guys/girls anyway?? enough with the whining already.

4. kinein

kinein Member

Back to the actual topic.

I'm not hearing the stupid statements that lin is a TO machine or cant play Defense.

This game just stamped that clearly in the faces of anyone that was actually watching. Don't like what McHale has done to Lin offensively. Though I saw frustration with Lin and Harden as they were trying to get the other Rockets into position. At one point Lin was talking to McHale some of his thoughts and McHale nodded and raised his hands as if to say : " I know I know, we will handle it and fix it later - you have a right to be frustrated "

5. torocan

torocan Member

Yah, I noticed that too.

Feeling like the offense just doesn't really know what McHale wants them to do, and when they do they are running it poorly due to lack of reps.

I think for now, we may just have to accept that our offense isn't going to be very good while implementing the sets play catchup with Lin and Harden's superior freeballing skills.

Unfortunately, Lin and Harden's first 3 games set the bar so high, that it will probably be some time before the rest of the team catch up in their execution enough that it exceeds the offensive output of Lin and Harden just streetballing.

6. HowardStern

HowardStern Rookie

I wish i could rep you a million times.

7. MamboRock

MamboRock Member

New fans? Stop being so easy to be manipulated. You can't even tell which ones are real Lin fans and which ones are just fake fans trolling people like you. Over-sensitive souls like you keep being baited by the fools and giving the reaction that they want. You are part of the problem. Face it.

1 person likes this.
  8. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

This clown is allowed to bash this site, but i get banned for calling someone lof. amazing.

9. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

You dont like this site, fine, go somewherelse.

10. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

We'll all get along when we win again. Drama is good, at least we have something to talk about in some countries, too much talk can be hazardous to one's health.

11. pcheung08

pcheung08 Member

Fixes

12. AdrenaLINe

AdrenaLINe Rookie

I would Challenge the people that say they hate LOFs because they say this or that... to post up some of their comments...

none for LinMVP because Clutch has come out and said the guy is a troll...

created by a known Rox troll on the board already to make Lin fans look bad...

13. AdrenaLINe

AdrenaLINe Rookie

no you got band for trolling buddy...

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lin will be fine.

The problem isn't our back court - it's the expectation that our backcourt can solve everything.

15. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

I'm a real fan of the team, you guys are fake fans who folow one player.

16. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

So saying lin int god and his fans are dellusional is trolling. lol. Lin isnt special and he isnt god. He is an above average player,but his fans have this dellusion he is some star.

17. Gil

Gil Member

I find it hilarious how his fans still get emotional when he's called average.

He can't shoot, his handles are sub-par at best, average athleticism, he's terrible in half court scenarios, terrible decision making, he continuously gambles on defense & gets burned, he struggles fighting over screens, terrible stamina etc etc

Dont get me wrong he definitely has his strengths. He's very good on the fast break, driving to the hoop, drawing fouls & has good size. But aside from that there's nothing special about him as a player apart from the fact he's Asian.

Maybe in the future he'll be the next Nash or whatever but at this moment in time he's in the same category of the likes of Sessions, Chalmers, Conley & Felton. Serviceable.

His current PER, McHale's/Morey's comments on him and his form since D'Antoni (who made the likes of Felton & Duhon look like studs) was fired more than backs up my case.

Just find the ridiculous amount of excuses the Lin fans who are convinced he's a superstar, can come up with to justify his poor play extremely amusing. Same fans who were telling me he was better than Irving, Kyle, Gogi, Wall, Lillard & Rubio not too long ago.

Inb4imcalledaracistsexistknick/mavsfannaziapollo LOL

1 person likes this.
  18. DorianTurk

DorianTurk Member

I dont even know if there are 3-4 pg's that are better than kyrie...there's dwill, cp3, rondo, and drose (preinjury) so thats pretty exclusive. I will say this though, kyrie irving will be the best pg in the nba for many years to come

19. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

You redneck nazi ...

20. Gil

Gil Member

Obviously I agree but I kid you not, some of the Lin fans legitimately believe he's a better player than Irving.

That's one of the reasons I even decided to finally sign up after being a long time lurker. Really couldn't believe what I was reading.