1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    The Timberwolves are roughing up the Nuggets, can they hold on for a Game 2 win? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Lin's scrutiny

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kaitanuva, Nov 2, 2012.

1. kinein

kinein Member

Ya should listen to some of the followup posts. If you go to visit the Knicks forums on the internet you'll find many people that returned to the NBA or never watched period are still following the Knicks.

Making the assumption that people will just leave is a flawed assumption because its simply not true.

When Yao retired do you think all the Rocket forums in China shut down?

You know better, in fact if you accept that Lin just like Harden - makes his teammates better. You'll have to accept the fact that people will also want to get to know every person on the roster. Do you think everyone that likes Novak and Landry - did so before Lin, do you think they stopped after Lin was traded? No. Those players earn life-long fans, as do the teams.

[​IMG]

2. MOFvsLOF

MOFvsLOF Member

Does LOF really exist? What does that Lin-Only-Fan mean? Does that mean if you go to a Rockets game, when Lin score, you cheer, when Parsons score, you boo?

3. pcheung08

pcheung08 Member

You want your board to be quiet and you represent all the CF members? Quite interesting. I wonder if the Mod feel the same and does not welcome new fans or he wants to ban all the so called LOFs.

Fans (LOF OR LOH OR HOF) are free to speak so long as they do not violate the board rules, IMHO. You also have fredom to create a new board and choose your own members. Smh.

4. my2cents

my2cents Member

Good logic!!

Could we say it in another way for the LOH---Lin-Only-Hater. When you go to a Rockets game, no matter team win or lose, you boo Lin using no current Rocket player as a weapon.

Are you really a Rocket' fan? or just a pure hater ---Lin-Only-Hater?

5. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

LOF:http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=227331

And he's getting paid.

6. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

Dude's got a point. I was drawn to a Rockets because of Yao (and TMac too I guess) in 2007, so I guess I was basically a YOF. But Yao left and I'm still here.

7. MamboRock

MamboRock Member

This LOF LOH name calling is childish. It's also getting old and boring. You must have a peanut-sized brain if you are still calling these names.

1 person likes this.
  8. MOFvsLOF

MOFvsLOF Member

9. MKL

MKL Member

McHale is a strange cat, can't ever figure him out. He gifted KG to the Celtics as GM of Wolves. Fought with Lowry as coach. Never proven successful outside of being a HoF player. Never looks happy in interviews. Can't grasp what his style is as coach. Can't tell if he is developing rookies or trying to contend in playoffs, even with the 2nd youngest team in the NBA.

He's an enigma to me.

10. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

By CF logic I'm a WOF because I came during the 22-game win streak and I love winning. But the wins have left and I'm still here.

1 person likes this.
  11. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

Just a bit of advice: Simply ignore the extremes of both sides and we'll be fine. :grin:

12. CarolNYC

CarolNYC Contributing Member

Don't really know where to put this but I found it interesting so I'm going to drop it in this Lin thread.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>.@<a href="https://twitter.com/jlin7">jlin7</a>'s story is bigger than just basketball. @<a href="https://twitter.com/mocanyc">mocanyc</a> has put together a stellar panel to discuss the rocketman: <a href="http://t.co/RHVIjppV" title="http://bit.ly/Syb5Tt">bit.ly/Syb5Tt</a></p>&mdash; NYC-ARTS (@nycarts) <a href="https://twitter.com/nycarts/status/266226510321561600" data-datetime="2012-11-07T17:12:00+00:00">November 7, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

13. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

Yup, I know that's damn true for me and many of the Lin fans I know. To the LOH, as shocking as it may sound, not all of us that support Jeremy are some little Asian dudes idolizing him. Im a hispanic New York girl who will forever be grateful to Lin for bringing me, a (now ex-) Knicks fan, the most joy after enduring a decade of utter mediocrity and I will continue to support him throughout his career.

14. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

Short and to the point. I like you pahiyas.

Now everyone stfu, hug it out, and let's get ready for today's game :p
    [​IMG]

15. RedEyesKirby

RedEyesKirby Member

Well let me put it this way, I am a Harden fan. I followed him to Rockets and grew to love Lin, Asik, Parsons and Jones. If Harden leaves (by any miraculous reasons), I will continue following him, but I will also follow Rockets if they still have Lin, Asik, Parson and Jones just like how I still follow OKC for Durrant. I am not a die hard team fan because I don't live in any of the places where the team resides. But I always cheer for the entire team my favorite players are on. The biggest dilema I'll have is when OKC goes agains Rockets, then I'll have to start choosing sides >_>. I will admit though if all my favorite players are gone, I will leave the team as well.

I know a lot of die hard team fans will always say that team first player second, but when I don't live there, it's hard to do team first because I don't have the same mentality as people living there with team pride. But regardless we should embrace each other and not look down on each other whether we came because of players or lives in Houston because both our goals are the same which is to see our team do well.

16. kinein

kinein Member

I am absolutely shocked that you are not some little asian dude. Cheers to changing perceptions!

17. kinein

kinein Member

Puppies!!

18. Akim523

Akim523 Member

You will eed to take a picture of yourself ;)

19. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

The post wasn't about journalism. I may have messed up by following the link with the line that the gentleman was being paid.

The question was asked do Linfans exist?

I would define the attitude of the man in the video as a Lin fan. Not concerned about the Rockets. But what Coach Mchale could have done to elevate Jeremy's performance in this game? Yeah yeah, I get it there are other players but couldn't they give the ball to Jeremy?

20. AdrenaLINe

AdrenaLINe Rookie

yes I hope every Rocket Player breaks their legs not named Lin...

so Lin can bring the ball up go1 on 5 pass the ball to himself at the low post... and then Dunk it...

:eek: