1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lin worth a first round pick? A lottery pick?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by haydenfisher342, Apr 16, 2014.

1. coffeelover665

what a destructive cycle to be in. :grin:

1 person likes this.
  2. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Words of an idiot Lin fan who knows absolutely nothing about Rockets ball.

3. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Pretty sure we would have to give a bunch of first round pics just for somebody to take his scrubby ass.

4. King1

King1 Contributing Member

JLFan is challenging Kyhyberjones as the worst poster in the history of the internet

5. t3ddt3ch

t3ddt3ch Member

Knicks just dumped Felton to Dallas with Chandler so maybe something is in the works to get Melo here and Lin back to NYC?

6. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I actually think Dallas did it to try and entice Melo to sign since he has a good relationship with both players. Doubt Melo wants to be on the retread New York Mavs though.

As for New York's love for Lin...can't see the Zen Master biting. There's a new sheriff in town.

7. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Nice little meltdown from JLFan there haha.

8. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

What a stupid thread!!

Lin worth a first round pick? A lottery pick? May be in the WNBA and that too only by a stupid GM.

Let's face it. Lin has negative value and is a back up PG at best.

If anything Rockets will have to GIVE up a first round pick to dump Lin

9. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Probably not, and the team may not even want a 1st rounder. At the end of the day, the question is can we trade Lin without giving up an asset or taking back a contract?

10. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

My prediction is high 2nd rounder or two mid-low 2nd rounders.

11. photojoe

photojoe Member

I like Klay Thompson, but he doesn't fit with what our team is currently trying to do. Not only that, if GSW is not sure about trading Thompson for Kevin Love, there is no way that they would trade him for Lin and Parsons- both of which are good and can be productive, but not anywhere close to the same level as Kevin Love.

12. beybey

beybey Member

so the rockets have a trade lineup for Lin. Any insiders on what this would be?

13. King1

King1 Contributing Member

I honestly don't get why LOF's come here. Is it like battered wife syndrome? We get that you worship the guy but you aren't going to convince anyone he's a good player with your myriad of excuses. We've seen him play here for two years and he's mediocre. Why not reside at his fan site with the rest of his groupies? Doesn't make any sense to me.

14. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

Late first rounder I can see, has starting potential.

15. photojoe

photojoe Member

It depends. Since the Rockets are in cap-clearing mode right now, it will also depend on what other contracts they are looking to shed to get to the max levels of Melo/LBJ.

If we don't want the salary of the #25 pick, we could take a draft and stash player....or we could trade Lin and #25 for a future pick from a possible lottery team?

If we need to get rid of D-Mo's contract as well, trade Lin and D-Mo for a future low first round pick? Or if we absolutely needed to, we could try to get two second rounders. Something like that.

Lin, even with his inconsistency and sometimes frustrating plays, still has some on-court value. He may have a net negative trade value because of the ridiculous 15mil he is owed next season. But the Rockets have a lot of flexibility for trading Lin, especially when we know that there are other very reasonably priced contracts or draft picks that we might need to include to clear space anyway.

16. photojoe

photojoe Member

Just Lin and Asik's contracts are a good start to getting max deals, but if we want to offer LBJ/Melo close to their max, we might need to give up another asset or contract.

17. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Broussard said the Warriors are interested in Lin if they can get Parsons. It probably his usual bag of crap to get clicks because past Curry, I don't see anything I would love to have pre free agency.

If we do strike out on LeBron and Melo, Iggy won't be a bad target. Elite defender and plays our system well.

Go after a good power forward in free agency, Bosh or Gasol or Randolph? Then sign and trade Parsons (8-10 million/year) with Lin for Iggy, O'Neal and filler.

Beverley
    Harden
    Iggy
    Gasol or Bosh or Randolph
    Howard
    I love that balance in the starting line up! 3 All NBA defenders will surely cover for Harden.

But, it's probably Broussard crap.

18. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

Don't know about anything else, but Iggy for Parsons sounds nice...lol

19. khyberjones

khyberjones Member

Based on the low bball IQ of the posters on this site, I take that as a compliment.

20. Raven

Raven Member

I doubt it, especially if the entire league knows that Morey has to dump Lin in order to clear cap.