1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lin worth a first round pick? A lottery pick?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by haydenfisher342, Apr 16, 2014.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They live in a Lin fan world.
    a world where hotties consists of any female who bugs Lin to take a picture with them when Jeremy is trying to get some tea or green onion pancakes

2. damnbiochem

damnbiochem Member

shall we speculate how much the toilet paper he uses is worth too???

3. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Yes. I'm both

4. zdrav

zdrav Member

It is indeed dishonest if the SAME PERSON who pegged Lin as an $8 million player when he was actually making $5 million suddenly changes his criteria and classifies Lin as an $15 million player, mainly because it makes Lin look bad.

It is a FACT that he has made only $5 million in the past 2 seasons. However, most people here, both fans and critics, never paid much attention to that.

5. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

They don't pay attention to when he saves games with steals and 3s. Even bashes him when he does so. Doesn't give him credit for covering defensively when a teammate is just settling back in.

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The playoffs should show Jeremy's worth

7. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Don't get me wrong, I still would have preferred Rondo by the past deadline. But Lin does deserve some credit. All that matters is that his teammates and coach know that he's vip in the rotation and that's all that matters I guess.

8. Raiden87

Raiden87 Member

back to the ny knicks with asik for melo

9. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

The people that spend the entire year doing their best to damage players' morale with a steady stream of trade supplication. If you hate Rockets players so much, root for the Jazz.

10. Hibrido

Hibrido Member

Whats the problem here? Isn't Lins contract a bad one? So it will be a one for one swap.

11. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

If any NBA player is pathetic enough that message boards throw him off his game, I want him off the Rockets ASAP.

12. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

I'm pretty sure PuzzledFan is talking about the Rockets front office, they've been trying to get rid of Lin for almost 2 years now.

Seriously, why do y'all keep thinking the word "People" only refers to yourselves ? :confused:

13. RocketStream

RocketStream Member

Lin is a viable trade asset. Trust.

14. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

Are you serious? lolwat.

15. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

#235 Plowman, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
  16. khyberjones

khyberjones Member

To correct you, it is not a balloon payment but a DEFERRED PAYMENT. What that means is that Lin was underpaid by about $6 million in each of his first 2 years under this contract. Now, when the Rockets have to pay the bill, the clutch fans contingent complains.

17. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Check your math. More like 3 million in each of the first 2 years.

I think the complaint is more to do with performance and how it relates to the contract, not the contract itself.

18. MamboRock

MamboRock Member

Didn't I predict that this thread would turn ugly and become a LOFs vs LOFHs pissing match once these morons like King1 joined in? All these morons are as malicious to this website as each other.

19. Rox7

Rox7 Member

Can we merge this thread with the joke thread so we can all have a good laugh?

20. Hrock

Hrock Rookie

Its not possible to have a fair discussion on Lin, I'm pretty sure the same people who bash him even when he plays well and makes a huge contribution to games will always find fault. For a 6th man who saves us some games and without some wins early in the season we would be in 8th seed people bash on him. They have issues in their personal lives so coming on clutchfans to bash one player to illicit responses from people makes their day. Lin deserves his criticism, but not as much as the hate on here.