1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LIN SHOULD START - Calvin Murphy csn

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Play07, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Play07

Play07 Member

Lin & bev both play with heart ! it all starts with h & h... I can't believe griffin gets rebounds over Howard, it's not because he is the better rebounds it's just the way Howard rebounds if someone come with more effort they will out rebound him... Smith use to catch the ball wherever Lin would put never complained about I need it up top all that, that people here tend to say about Howard needs ball up top.. When a pg is going to the lane someone times he has to get it certain places just to get the pass off why can't he catch it ?

I didn't have wcf expectations like many here I knew what h & h would be about in mchales system, but I'm upset because it was at least easier and fun to watch them as 8th seed because they played together and run & gun could be most teams on any given night. Raptors are no joke get ready for Monday

2. TheBigFive

TheBigFive Member

Team would do best starting Bev and lin, no TT, and have harden off the bench where he can ISO to his hearts content.

3. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

I agree no more TT's. But LMAO, your best player is not going off the bench.

4. Normalus

Normalus Member

This! We need to try our other lineups early in this season. Let's play next two games starting DMo and TJones. Bench them if it's a bad start of the game, but let them play with D12 for a quarter to see how it goes.

5. Normalus

Normalus Member

I mean one game D12+DMo @4 and other game D12+TJones @4

6. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

i think we should start greg smith, he had a good game last time he played and hasn't gotten a chance since.

7. HoopFan

HoopFan Member

Lin did very well before game 7 mostly as starter. He did very well as starter along with JH last season. Starting or not is not the issues. The issue is the chemistry they built was gone due to the constant lineup change this season.

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lin's TO's are the big issue here. He has 3 back-to-back-back TO's that killed us at the end of the 3rd. Can't do that.

I don't really think we need to change things up right now. Rather, guys have to learn how to deal with playing together more. IT's really just that.

9. HoopFan

HoopFan Member

Yea. Lin got play smarter. Clipper adjusted their defense. Their bigs stopped showing and just waited back in the paint to trap him. He needs to pull up for jumpers from time to time instead of driving all the time.

10. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

So Lin's turnover are the reason the Rockets are losing?

11. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Calvin used to think mooch should start too....

12. DangerMouse

DangerMouse Member

It's interesting. I always thought Harden was the TO King!?
    Any stats on who's more turnover prone Harden or Lin?

13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Loaded question. There are quite a few reasons the Rockets are losing. Are turnovers not one of them?

That being said, I would not mind Lin starting as long as Asik leaves the starting lineup.

14. Swedish_Rocket

At this point, i dont think anyone should care who starts or comes off the bench...as long as we win, thats all that matters.

15. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

I think Lin should start, too. Particularly since we're playing sort of 3 of 5 on offense right now. Bev's just a spot-up shooter on O, nothing more.

Jeremy can generate more stuff. Bev's intensity changes the game, and that coming off the bench is very valuable.

16. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Lin has had one bad game so far, and if you minus that 3rd quarter hes been great for us all year. The timing of the turnovers however hurt us big time, but when I really thought the momentum died was when Garcia blew that bunnie, Clippers came back and scored. Would've helped stem the tide.

17. SirKen

SirKen Member

Here is a ****ing opinion:

How about we let Harden recover from his injury and let the Bev Lin combo start?

18. DangerMouse

DangerMouse Member

I think Rox are planning on trading Lin so they don't want him playing well next to Bev in the starting line-up. They'll stick with TT to showcase Asik and trade him as a worthy starter.

We'll have to endure crappy line-ups until the TD.

19. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

I agree any turnovers could be the reason we loose a game, but I was responding to a post that said Lin's turnovers are a big issue.

I would think that any open minded fan would know that Lin's turnovers are not one of the main reasons we are losing.

20. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Do you even read the stupidity you write. Murphy was right last year and he is right now. Harden is a capable alternative playmaker but he is not a pg. His first priority is to get his own. he somestimes makes good and even great plays for others but he looks for himself first. Lin looks to get the team involved. He runs the offense and quickly gets it moving. Harden quickly looks for his own and then slowly looks for his own.

Lin is the better pg on the team and runs the offense better than Bev. The team mostly plays better with Lin running the offense. Bev has his moments and can get his steals and rebounds. That's what makes it not a landslide choice that Lin should start over him. But that is only if Asik and Howard aren't starting together.

The twin towers with Bev is just stupid. The other team doesn't have to guard Asik. It's 4 on 5 and Bev is not the offensive player Lin is. This should be obvious to McHale. It's certainly obvious to opposing teams.

1 person likes this.