1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lin no longer "face of franchise"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Second_Cousin, Oct 27, 2012.

1. DXtreme

DXtreme Member

Who starts threads like these?
    [​IMG]

2. FanOnGessner

FanOnGessner Member

Lin & Harden are co-faces of the Franchise. How bout that.

3. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

I guess Rockets have to re-do the billboards now.

4. Cadreaming

Cadreaming Member

Now people can move on from Lin's contract too. He's not the one who got the max like all the LOHs made it out to be. Harden will get a far bigger contract than Lin's.

5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Jeez... All these new "Lin only fans" are extremely annoying.

6. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

There's your answer and yes, Lin is not the face anymore. People who thought Lin was not the face of the franchise before this trade should look at all the marketing stuff..Harden better shave that beard though, terrible face for a 'face' of the franchise. It's the shape of his head that makes it bad, not the whole issue with him looking like 'one of those Arab / Muslim people' some compare him to.

7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Arab/Muslim people? What?

#47 RudyTBag, Oct 28, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
  8. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

butt hurt LOF now turning on Harden allready. Bash our best player to make lin look ood. LOF's new play book.Buddy Harden>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>lin

9. munco

munco Member

what? please kill yourself.

10. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Reading is an art, I used 'THESE' to indicate people have said that and not me personally. Don't act like you don't know people don't like Harden's beard because of that.

11. stl1622dc

stl1622dc Member

In my opinion, face of the franchise is just a marketing idea. Lin is still going to get enough media attention (and endorsements) to warrant him being considered 1 of the faces of the franchise. I'm guessing his Rockets jersey is going to outsell Harden's by a fairly big margin.

From a basketball standpoint, Lin was NEVER the most important/valuable player. Martin was the #1 guy on offense and Asik was the defense (and most indispensable player). Harden just steps into Martin's shoes as the key on offense.

12. xclearscreen

xclearscreen Rookie

what's so great about "the face of the franchise" anyway?

now "the beard of the franchise".. that's something special

13. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Reported.

14. roslolian

roslolian Member

Lin's never been the face of the franchise. What kind of face gets paid 8M a year?

15. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Frankly I don't care about all these "franchise type" or "Face of the franchise" labels. I'm just glad we got another solid piece. He's going to cost us 4 years and 60 mill between the ages of 23 and 27 and he has gotten better every year since getting drafted. He has NBA Finals experience, hard worker, good on both sides of the ball.

I don't know if he's worth $60m but after the reality hit us this summer that a team like the Houston Rockets must pay a premium on any player that's wanted by big market teams, I can't complain. I think this is a great basketball move and turns the Rockets into a great brand in the process.

16. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

i agree with everything you say, but he's not a good defender (though as you say, he improved something every year, and defense is the next logical step)

17. roxxy

roxxy Member

Disagree a tad bit. Usually the center and the PG are the most important pieces of the puzzle. Asik is our MVP & MIP. If he gets injured we are dead. But seeing as how Lin is the QB of the offense he was pretty important (like the oil that makes a complex car run). Adding Harden to it decreases that offensive burden for Lin in so many ways. Takes pressure off of him, another play maker etc. Asik is still our MVP & MIP. But both Lin & Harden are right there behind him in terms of who makes this team run.

18. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

lol... tried to give you some rep. but got a pop-up saying I have to spread some rep. to others before giving it to you again :)

I didn't even realize I've been giving you rep. repeatedly :)

19. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

Lin will happily hand the face-of-franchise label to Harden. The kid just wants to play basketball.

20. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Hmmmm....:cool: