1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lin making the case for being a starter?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by trugoy, Jan 1, 2014.

1. nchan

nchan Member

WOw, is that all you can said? Just going around labeling people? That's clutchfans for you.

2. Penetrate&Creat

As long as Lin/Bev are on this team, Bev will always start over him. He just fits better with the starting unit, that's all there is to it.

3. Classic

Classic Member

Bev just has IT. He's a fearless gamer and sets a tone against the best the league has to offer. Lin is better suited to match up against the opposing scrubs. Each has value but Bev is a clear upgrade next to Harden.

4. Pak14life

Pak14life Member

Bev is fearless, Lin plays tentative/scared.

5. coffeelover665

If Lin and Bev came to my neighborhood and play pickup ball and If both Lin and Pat are calling for the ball, even though I know Lin is a better playmaker, I'd still give it to Bev. He just commands respect.

6. Pueblo

Pueblo Member

It has become so obvious.

7. Classic

Classic Member

Bev a team best +26; Welcome back baller

8. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

exactly lin looks lost at times. tho pat sometimes is just too aggressive and gets in foul trouble

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yes, and turns the ball over too much, and we have Harden and Howard who do that too, we can't have 3 guys doing that at the same time, that is a disaster waiting to happen.

DD

10. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

I think lin picks up the ball too often

11. YourSecretLover

Agree, then looks around for 3-4 seconds to pass the ball.

12. ed_tx

ed_tx Contributing Member

Beverley played great tonight. He was active, made some good passes, pushed the ball and HIT open shots. If he plays like this consistently, then I have no problem with Bev starting over Lin. However, I think we still have to reserve judgement to see if this is the norm. We were shooting lights out and frankly, we won't shoot that well again for a while.

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Explain that statement, please, if you don't mind. I'm wondering what you are basing it on. Thanks in advance.

14. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Bev had a great game (way better than what I expected) and is easily the starter.

Lin is in a pretty big slump and he's getting a lot of **** from everyone right now but I'm not really worried about him. He's shown time and time again to bounce back when people count him out. He did it with the Knicks, he did it after he lost his starting position in the beginning of the year when everyone was calling him a scrub and had a great November, and he'll do it again.

Frankly, I hope people keep ****ting on him to maybe motivate him more and to be aggressive and play his game off the bench and return to his 6th MOY form and help the Rockets have a great season. (Because he's not getting traded).

15. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

To be fair, he said that before the game. While it seems absolutely absurd now, it's not like he said that after Bev had this great game.

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Biggest problems with Lin is that he is tentative and turnover prone. He just seems to make poor decisions - why he picks up the ball so much is beyond me. And when he attacks he seems to get squashed too often.

If I were Jeremey I would just attack the basket more. So what if he gets blocked or charges. Better than to do nothing out there.

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

To be "fair?" With all due respect to the dude I quoted, it was a dumb statement by him then, and it's still a dumb statement. I'd like to see an explanation for it. I'm pretty tired of reading stupid posts like that in the GARM over and over again.

18. metrichalo

metrichalo Member

The reason why Lin is playing with low confidence and playing scared is because of what's being said to him and how he's being treated behind the scene. It's so obvious with the body language on the court that nobody's giving support to Lin.

harden: "Having Pat Bev back. Him bringing that defensive energy as a PG & everybody was following behind it" <--- When has Harden ever complimented on Jeremy.

Mchale: "He has no agenda when he plays besides play hard." <---taking a jab at Jeremy.

The truth is Mchale is the one having hidden agenda. There's too much subtle racism going on.

19. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

This is the type of crap post that needs to disappear from the GARM. Not only am I putting you on ignore, but I'm reporting the post. With any luck, you can spread your garbage all over some other BBS in the near future. I just feel sorry for whatever BBS that might be.