1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lin making the case for being a starter?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by trugoy, Jan 1, 2014.

1. quatin

quatin Member

I was also at the game right behind the backboard of the kings in the 2 nd half. Lin/jones was shutting down IT in 3 quarters. Even when IT got to the paint, lin would push him to the outside and TJones would come in for the block. I think Jones had 2 blocks on IT and forced several high arcing layups that bricked. Hence the 6 for 17 fgs by IT.

In the late 4th. The super small ball lineup came out and Dwight faded away from the paint. This cleared the lane for IT for 1 vs 1 on lin after a PnR or straight up drive.

2. Panda23

Panda23 Member

IT had 19/8 on 60% shooting when we played them in sac. He can blow by anyone because he isa freaking midget/hyper athletic for someone his size. How else would be survive in the NBA

3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

To be honest, I thought the refs were pretty bad both ways. Eric Lewis (#42) was awful.

Yes, Cousins got away with stuff.

But we have only backup point guards on this team. And defensive sieves everywhere.

Goodnesss gracious, how you Lin fans come circling. I'm a bleeding swimmer in the water, hoping to reach shore without getting devoured.

4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I was at the game too. In the 4th IT torched Lin. Didn't he make Lin fall and drained the 3 in his face?

5. quatin

quatin Member

If you watch him dribble live, most guys have to be in a full squat to get their hands low enough to affect his motion, so you are not going to stop him at the perimeter.

However when he goes for a layup , everyone has a shot to block it, because it comes from so low. The key to stop him is to just force him to one side and have someone down low get ready for the block. You don't even need Howard to do it, a guard can work. He doesn't have the vision to pass in traffic, so most of the time he will jack up a low chance high glass layup if you contest it.

6. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

You being there still doesnt make 6 for 17 torched.

Lol crazy, it's reached a point some delusional folk gotta discredit other players' solid defense to not leave the "star" looking so pathetic by himself.

Thankfully, everyone outside of Clutchfans see what's going on and aren't shy of calling Harden out. Hell, Parsons and Dwight's post game interviews says they arent shy either. I hope he sees that and isn't just being coddled by the coaching staff.
    He's young so this is the time to steer that mindset the right direction.
    I dont want him to be like Amare 5 years from now claiming no one (D'Antoni) ever bothered to teach him how to play defense.

This is where a good, no b.s. coach comes into play. We'll see if McHale has it in him, though I've seen no improvement from last season to now.

7. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

IT scored twice in the 4th.
    Jeremy scored twice in the 4th.

Both were torching each other, ish was cray :eek:

8. basketballholic

Do the math!

$8,374,646 divided by $788,872 = 10.616

Do the math!

Is Jeremy Lin 10 times as good as Pat Beverley?????

Do the math!

9. JasonXXX

JasonXXX Member

Thanks for the input, Clutch. If you were Lin, would you want to be traded? Are you able to speak candidly about such things?

10. gene18

gene18 Rookie

You were at a game but not the rockets game last. Thomas was way below his average scoring stats. Trust me I am very perceptive.

11. gene18

gene18 Rookie

Troll!

12. JasonXXX

JasonXXX Member

$20,513,178 Howard
    $13,701,250 Harden
    $926,500 Parsons

Is Howard 22x better than Parsons? Is Harden 15x better than Parsons? Is Harden 17x better than Beverley? Basketballholic, are you 12?

13. gene18

gene18 Rookie

These numbers are from 12/15. They are meaningless numbers according to the stat people I have talked to and the books I have read.

14. tonman

tonman Member

so Beverly will always make less than 1M per season. he will not get a new contract over 1M right?

now if Beverly is the starting PG for Houston, how much you gonna pay him? 1M? right......................

Remember, Lin's first couple of seasons he didn't make 788K.

15. tonman

tonman Member

yep, and it depends mainly on who your teammates on the floor are (i.e. Bev playing with the starting 5 for more minutes) and who your opponents are up to that point in time.

16. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I have only had harsh words for Harden.

Meanwhile you Lin groupies are all collectively like his mother. Your next harsh words for him will be your first.

I'll grant you. McHale sucks hard. And: He has his favorites. Lin isn't one. McHale still sees Lin as the player he cut, not the Lin of Linsanity. Which is painful, given that Morey signed him to so much money.

17. tonman

tonman Member

and one of those scores was out in transition where lin had the corner player and no one bothered to pick up IT... the ball handler.

18. ccrystal99

ccrystal99 Member

Lin's defense is effective. His game is efficient, except one night when he did not shoot well. He should be a starter, and closer. He performed exceptionally well in 4th more, and even when he was not the closer, he does well in controlling the pace and defense.

19. gene18

gene18 Rookie

I feel Bev. will start no matter how Lin or the team performs. The die is cast.

20. tonman

tonman Member

most people just want all players to be treated the same - by the coaches AND the fans. is that so hard to ask?