1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lin making the case for being a starter?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by trugoy, Jan 1, 2014.

1. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

All star level offense? Where do you get this?

2. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

If you were at the game, then tell me how many times Cousins had come to help screen Lin while moving, using his butt to bump or his legs to trip Lin. He should have been called at least a dozen times.

Torched is not a fair assessment when someone else was illegally screening Lin for IT ALL THE TIME.

3. Zergling

Zergling Member

[​IMG]

Lin's production numbers are better while Beverley's on/off court numbers are better. Not a surprise since Beverley is better defensively but worse offensively.

What's more important is BOTH are mediocre options for a starting PG. Both are better coming off the bench. Would be nice to have a floor general for a starting PG such as Rajon Rondo.

4. Ethernet

Ethernet Member

Some of the morons on this site (clutch, spiegel, ihatekobe, etc.) still cannot make ONE logical argument for why bev should start over lin except "the eye test" and "fit". All of the numbers show lin is a flat out better player, including with the starting unit, and should be a starter. Shows you what kind of people you deal with on clutchfans and in houston in general if people like clutch represent houston. It's sad, really.

1 person likes this.
  5. Zergling

Zergling Member

Enjoy your ban.

As for why Beverley should start, please direct yourself to our win @ Golden State.

6. Play07

Play07 Member

I see we're still having this discussion.

Once you guys understand Morey & the business side of the rockets organization you will have a better understanding of how that can change things on the court also, FYI we will continue to hear Lin in trade rumors this season.

7. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

LOL..Just because you were at the game doesn't make your argument more valid.

IT did torch Lin only the last 3 possessions. You make it look like Lin got burned the whole game which is not true.

8. Ethernet

Ethernet Member

Um...I just said stats show Bev is nowhere near as good, and you're directing me to ONE game? Are you r****ded?

9. C. Orientalis

C. Orientalis Member

And when the guy supposedly doing the torching 35%, even with the illegal screens.

10. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

Asik defenses PNR way better. Too bad he's gone.

11. coffeelover665

Honestly, reading this board is like arguing with my younger immature siblings. Can't provide logical argument, proceed with personal attacks. I can't even go to the game thread anymore, I just chill in the game chat because it's much more pleasant.

12. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

I don't know why people think stating "I was at the game" gives them more credibility.

I go to a lot of games, it's a lot of fun and sometimes you observe things that you don't see on TV, but that's about it.

Watching games on TV with replays from different angles, commentators, play-by-play, analysis, etc. gives me a much better picture of how the games go.

Back to the topic, at this point doesn't matter who starts - be it Jeremy, Bev, AB or Canaan. The Rockets' system is fundamentally flawed. They way we play, we can have CP3 start and still lose.

I'm fine with Jeremy not starting as he has proved that he is a much better player than Bev. I just wish to see him play more minutes with his unselfish teammates.

13. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

If anything, I hope Lin ups his production and value so we can flip him and Asik for a starting PG that can play next to Harden and feed Howard. I know people don't like Rondo but I think he's our best option at getting the Dwight the ball, taking it out of Harden's hands when he goes iso and rogue, while also being a plus perimeter defender. Put Rondo on the court with Harden/Howard and there's no doubt who the team leader is. Morey needs to step up the trade talk with Danny A, give him a few 1st rounders + cash if that's what it takes.

14. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

No surprise there.

15. visible

visible Member

I was at few Rockets games last season and this season. I spent lot of money trying to sit close to Rockets. I can tell you for sure you don't get more info even sit at floor than watching TV. You may see some expressions we don't see on TV. That's about it. Did not tell you any more things.

16. pnr

pnr Member

I don't get this. Our defense is the problem, not our top 5 ranked offense. Is Rondo going to make Harden, Parsons, and Jones to play better defensively?

17. kwongadong

kwongadong Member

Beverley has the benefit of playing with starters...e.g. Everyone with a better on/off rating better than him. Lin has the misfortune of leading that second unit, or everyone with on/off ratings worse than him.

Let that summer for a little bit...

18. Chemistry

Chemistry Member

His efficiency has been pretty elite this season. He is also elite at finishing at the rim. He's had the odd off game but overall he's been a very efficient scorer. With a bit more volume he could be averaging 18-20 points per game. When he was handling the ball more last season he was getting more assists. These have gone down as the playmaker role has shifted primarily to Harden.

The point is if he was doing better offensively this season we'd be talking all star levels of production.

The bar for his detractors has always been unreasonably high for what people think of him as a player.

I think it hilarious when clutch tweets every time Lin doesn't shoot well. I don't remember him ever tweeting Beverly shooting 1-10.

Lin has to play like an all star to get any kudos from 'true rockets fans' while their 'eye tests' always assure them that Beverly is a GOAT defender. With all the take of fake fans and real fans, a lot of people have their egos so heavily invested in Lin not succeeding and showing them up that they lose sight of the fact that he is a better option for the team and can help the team win more.

It's better if he's traded. Watch the support for Beverly and Mchale mysteriously plummet shortly afterwards.

19. yummyhawtsauce

apparently being at the game makes you watch a different game.

20. mikster

mikster Rookie

LOL anything Lin does gets multiplied by 10x....In the last 10 games Bev has held his opp to at least 35%-45% but no one really notice.