1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lin making the case for being a starter?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by trugoy, Jan 1, 2014.

1. bws

bws Member

Although Brooks has had some great moments, Lin has played better than him overall for the season. A younger Brooks is still undersized and not as good defensively as the other 2 point guards. But Brooks has to get minutes. I'll be very angry with McHale if it is back to DNPs for AB when Bev gets back.

2. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I was at the game.

Trust me. Torched.

To be fair, he was better on D than Harden. But that's like saying Olivia Munn is hotter than Lena Dunham. Duh.

3. Apache

Apache Member

hopefully the Rockets trade asik and lin to the nets for d will. make all the lin haters happy

4. pnr

pnr Member

You gotta give credit to thomas. He is super quick cause of his size.

5. C. Orientalis

C. Orientalis Member

17 pts on on 35% shooting is getting torched? Then Bev got torched on a regular basis.

6. trugoy

trugoy Member

Regardless of whether he was torched or not, Lin is the best perimeter defender on the team.

IT got by him at will off a DMC screen, but well, no body in the league can stop that play, unless you have a Roy Hibbert or Omer Asik defending the lane and Dwight is no Hibbert or Asik.

7. linbandwagon

linbandwagon Member

I have eyes and can do simple math.

Trust me. IT shot 35%

Don't let your prejudice and dislike for a certain player hit you on your way out.

8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

As I said before, yet another thread for LOF's to vent.

Lin looks lost out there on defense. But so does most of this team.

Last night was the last game I'll watch until they make some improvements or changes. Tired of spending my money to watch Harden play 20 feet off his man and Lin with that stupid "O" look of surprise on his face whenever a smaller guard blows by him like a breeze blows past a fence post.

I'm no huge fan of Bev either. He tries on D, but he's McHale's pet player, and mainly exists to hide Harden on D. What does Bev average, like, -1.3 assists per game?

9. ILoveWhiteGirls

Bev/Lin combo is part of the reasons why we win most of our games. As soon as Bev comes back that combo will get us some wins.

10. ihatekobe

ihatekobe Member

Lin was the biggest reason we lost last night to the Kings. His defense was worse than Hardens. Issah Thomas just went past hime every single time. It was hard to watch

11. linbandwagon

linbandwagon Member

I used to call people names when I get exposed for not having my facts straight. I was 8 I think.

1 person likes this.
  12. ILoveWhiteGirls

You sure you were watching the right game? I don't think you were.

13. pnr

pnr Member

Yeah, screw Lin for making Thomas shoot 35% from the field. The PNR is the hardest to defend in the NBA. Asik might be better than Dwight at PNR defense.

14. muas2010

muas2010 Member

Torching is Thorton going 6/9 (69%) or Cousins going 7/13 (53%), but never a guy going 6/17 (35%) on someone....I'd take the latter all day. Eye ball tests sucks when you can't do the math....I wasn't at the game but had better seats in HD and conclusive data.:rolleyes:

15. ihatekobe

ihatekobe Member

yea I was at the game.

16. cw3k

cw3k Member

No Beverley should start because his defense is BETTER than his offense.

17. ihatekobe

ihatekobe Member

FG% doesnt matter. All Thomas had to do was drive past Lin and our defense would collapse. Thats how they were getting easy shots.

If you say Lin played good defense yesterday you must have started drinking early.

18. langal

langal Contributing Member

The view from the rafters is so much better than the multiple.angles and close ups I get on TV.

1 person likes this.
  19. pnr

pnr Member

Yeah, and I was watching in HD on TV.

20. ILoveWhiteGirls

So what does that suppose to mean?