1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lin Fouls Video Makes Front Page of NY Times

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Os Trigonum, Apr 14, 2016.

1. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

They already called Adam Silver

2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

These are all hard fouls made at the basket. One example on Lin was FAR from flagrant. There is nothing special about Jeremy Lin, this crap happens to everyone in the league when plays are made around the basket. Lin fans are terrible basketball fans. They focus too much on the player and not enough on the game their player plays.

Also, that's funny that the examples were with Kobe, Melo, and Harden. I wonder if Lin rubbed folks the wrong way when he played with him? The examples say yes. We know Lin does things directly against the franchise and that's just from his twitter account. Imagine what he does behind the scenes! Disloyal little punk!

3. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Where the video for Dwight??

4. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

1. You're right. Those are just hard basketball fouls. Nothing wrong with that.

The problem is these hard fouls are not getting called and punished accordingly. Intentional or not, hard fouls above the shoulders is dangerous and reckless. That's a flagrant foul.

2. Quite the assumption you're making there. Lin seems to get along fine in Charlotte. He had close relationships with Landry Fields and Chandler Parsons. Maybe its Kobe, Melo, Harden (prima donna divas with huge superstar egos) that are hard to get along with.

Actually yes, Kobe ran Shaq out of LA. Harden basically alienated Howard. I'll go with this one.

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Somebody called child protective services, this mom has lost her mind

6. conquistador#11

violet palmer and brothers were obnoxious when it came to refereeing yao.
    at least crawford gives it to every team that's not LA equally, unless it's that virgin islands native.

7. PhiSlammaJamma

Note to JB, plant seeds before the GS series with the refs. Moving screens. As much as I hate it, it does work. And if he wants to go Phil Jackson on Steph Curry, I won't mind, as those mental games can get into a players head like how Steph skip travels on every dribble drive. nobody will even know what that is, but Curry will start thinking about it. Or he has a hitch in his three point shot this last month. Get in this f'ers head.

8. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Tinyman faints

9. dback816

dback816 Member

Did you even watch the vid or read the article?

10. tinman

Supporting Member

tell the husband to seek a lawyer and start immediately going on match.com

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Some posters obviously did not watch the video and/or read the article. They just spew some hatred with anything that is from a Lin fan.

I try to avoid the extreme Lin fans. The Lin fans haters are just as bad. Both camps should just hole down in the D&D slinging poo to each other and leave basketball discussion alone.

12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Anyone have the vid of Lin's flagrant foul on Harden when they were teammates. Knocked Harden out of the game, right?

13. tinman

Supporting Member

Lofs lives matter

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Jeremy could have stopped this himself by complaining about it, for whatever reason some of the NBA players feel he can be intimidated, and try to bludgeon him.

And the lack of accountability from the Refs is appalling, I am NO J Lin fan, but I see some racism going on with Lin and it needs to be dealt with harshly.

DD

1 person likes this.
  15. heypartner

Can't find vid (probably posted here somewhere), but here's a report of it

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ury-updates-on-rockets-stars-elbow-and-return

"Superstar guard James Harden injured his elbow in a collision with Jeremy Lin’s face late in the contest."​

:grin:

16. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

One day when it's all said and done, the name Jeremy Lin will live in our hearts and minds forever.....in the meantime damn you waissis , damn you all to hell!

17. tinman

Supporting Member

[​IMG]

18. tinman

Supporting Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/J_QKSDQSyZs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19. heypartner

I don't think she knows what a Flagrant is. Kobe, Melo and Aldridge were flagrants, imo. The others are incidental. The second Portland playoff one isn't even a foul, imo,,, Lin ran into the defenders elbow, like he did to Harden's elbow when they were teammates.

Terry's were technicals. Little different than flagrants.

Also, I thought it was weird she kept wondering why no review. I mean, they can't review no-calls. We can argue whether those are reviewable, but that's the rules.

So, that was 6 plays covering 3 years? Maybe she'll come up with more.

20. tinman

Supporting Member

I really feel bad

for her husband

Hey honey want to go out tonight?

Sorry, I'm making Jeremy Lin videos where lots of men play rough with him