1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lillard vs Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Razsan, Mar 26, 2014.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Dude, stop pushing it.

Lillard is on a different level than Lin's. Lin's a good player and I like him, but this is too much.

2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

It's definitely not a stretch to say if Lin were a much better player and could earn more minutes he would have similar numbers to Lillard. Excellent point.

3. Razsan

Razsan Member

then don't read.

4. Da34Box

Da34Box Member

What have they been saying about Lillard?

5. Razsan

Razsan Member

My point is that you and others have destroyed Lin for a bad stretch he had and yet for 12 games he's out performing a "stud" for a reasonable amount of games.

Listen, I'm not saying he's better than Lillard, I AM saying the difference isn't as great as you would think.

6. Razsan

Razsan Member

What's too much?? I think the numbers show that he's in Lillard's league.

7. Razsan

Razsan Member

I'm curious as well....He's scoring but really doing nothing else.

8. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

Lillard puts up good stats, has tremendous 3 point numbers, and he does it as the #1/1A option. Jeremy isn't even the 3rd option on this team.

9. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Please take into account the fact that Lin starts everynight against the best PG's in the league, where as Lin plays against the 2nd or 3rd guard. We all know Lin's game, force him left and don't let him get back to his right hand and he's done. Put ball pressure on him and he's a turnover waiting to happen.

All players struggle at some point during a long season, however, Lin struggles against bench talent, where as Lillaird struggles against all stars.

1 person likes this.
  10. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Straight out of the LOF playbook.

Listen to LEGIT criticism, ignore/dismiss it, and then blame hatred.

This is the exact reason why everyone dislikes people like you.

1 person likes this.
  11. Razsan

Razsan Member

Clutch, believe me, I'd go Lillard too. I'm just trying to illustrate to some of our knee-jerk brethren how every player not in the upper strat-o-sphere goes through stretches of bad games. I realize the LOF camp pushes the envelope but there are some posters who are locked and loaded to bash the kid.

12. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

It's kind of amazing how some Lin fans are completely oblivious to the fact that their behavior directly contributes to more unnecessary attention and criticism towards Lin.

1. Claims Lin is just as good as Player X
    2. Blames the team that Lin is not able to put up stats like player X
    3. When Lin performs poorly, and others criticize Lin, claims that expectations for Lin are too high and he could never do anything right in the eyes of Rocket fans.
    4. Rinse and repeat.

1 person likes this.
  13. Razsan

Razsan Member

Listen, I have the same issue with posters that do nothing but clobber Lin.

I think the March argument is more than fair...

14. Rockets1616

Rockets1616 Member

Dear OP,

Please either don't post, or leave the site.

Sincerely,

Everyone.

2 people like this.
  15. rubbertoe

rubbertoe Member

god I hate LOH's as MUCH AS LOF's...

both are a small percentage of this site, but talk the most stupid ish in here.

16. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Jeremy Lin...is a joke.

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

These are the threads that give Lin fans a bad rep. Shows how little they understand about basketball.

Fact is, if you had Lin in Lilliards place, Portland might not even be the 8th seed right now. Lin's inability to protect the ball and deal well with pressure defenses is a huge issue.

Lin is doing better because he has a role that maximizes his strengths and minimizes his weaknesses.

18. Orange

Orange Member

It isn't a stretch that if every role player shot more they would put up numbers similar to the all stars right???? I guess the nba decides who is going to be the all stars based on racism. Next time I go to the park I will let the scrubs on my team shoot all the shots cuz everyone can put up the same numbers. Hey idiot let me ask you something why the hell would the rockets not want lin to be a 20 ppg scorer?? Did u see what Yao did for this franchise I think lin being the leader of this team would make the rockets so popular but it will never happen because he's just not good enough but of course you will never admit it. Jeremy lin is like that ugly child and lin fans are like that ugly child's mother who will love him no matter what and insist he has the face of an Angel.

1 person likes this.
  19. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Lin's treatment on this board is more than fair based on the expectations and his performance.

The March argument is just plain dumb and is yet another attempt of some fanatical Lin groupie trying deflect legit criticism from Lin. No Rocket fan agrees with you, you are not making any good points, simply reinforcing the stereotypes of LOFs.

20. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

Hey guys, who would you take on your team? Magic Johnson or Jeremy Lin? Before you answer, remember that bad stretch of 14 games magic had that one time. Not such an easy choice now, is it?
    Meth, not even once.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.