1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lillard vs Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Razsan, Mar 26, 2014.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

unless, of course, there are some hot babes in it...

2. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

Why does Lin never play in playoff?

3. Razsan

Razsan Member

D12...did a simple quick count of the first 3 pages...45 posts out of 60 were by NON-Lin fans...I'd say another 10 by me.
    I think the obsession AGAINST Lin is stronger than the Pro-Lin...

4. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Erroneous. You assume that those that don't agree with you are not Lin fans and are against Lin.

5. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

Ok OP...you lured me back. Let me just say this: You win. Lillard = Lin. Thanks for letting me see the light. Amen and God bless.

6. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

I was watching that DOTA 2 documentary on Steam the other day and was quite surprised to see Jeremy Lin in it. That was pretty random.

7. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

He is an avid gamer. Most players are, though Dota2 is probably more cerebral than most NBA players can handle. :p

8. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Yes because this website was made in 1999 to go against Lin right? Why don't you post on the Lin fansite if you are so butthurt about people stating their opinions. don't make garbage thread just because you are so sensitive about people pointing out how bad Lin has played recently.

9. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Once again if your not for lin then you must be AGAINST LIN.... sigh.
    So much butthurt

As for Lillard being a player you can build around. He has that potential, like the likes of roses and rondos. Where lin is no where near that tier.

10. Razsan

Razsan Member

I stated facts, gave my opinion and wanted a discussion. Don't read the thread if you don't like it.

11. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

You started this ridiculous thread LOF!

12. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

You are confused by the difference between people who dislike your post and people who dislike Lin. You said nothing that isn't said (on a larger or smaller scale) after every good game Lin has.

The thing is, we are doing really well as a team. We generally need to reduce the variance, because we are going to win most of our games. Our opponents want to increase the variance, because most of them are going to lose otherwise.

I predict that come second round of the playoffs, we'll be seeing a lot of Lin. His style of play is the very definition of increasing the variance, and we'll need that vs the Clippers and OKC. We'll also see a bunch of "I told you so" posts. Perhaps now that you have gotten it out of your system, you will be able to avoid that?

13. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

Gorgui Dieng has been a beast on the boards lately, rivaling a 6 game stretch Bill Russell once had... hmmmm

14. yummyhawtsauce

LOL...translation: any athlete not Lin isn't intelligent enough to handle competitive gaming....

15. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Yes, you stated facts by showing a selective sample of data.

Then posed a question:

Now that question alone is not really a good discussion topic. In fact it is such a poor topic, that just posing the question calls on Rocket fans to judge either your motives or the overall capacity of your brain power.

After getting very straightforward responses with the obvious answer to your question, you doubled down on stupidity by posting this gem:

Obviously, you were crucified for this because this is something not even dumbest of sports fans would say. Being called out on an even dumber opinion, you tripled down on stupidity by posting this:

After that, it was all but clear what we were dealing with here, because it is the same story over and over again.

After a series of just frighteningly idiotic arguments, you hide behind the defense of:

No Razsan, this is a message board for the exchange of thought and ideas. When you are a moron and choose to scream your thoughts, you will be called out for it. You will be chastized and chased away as to deter you from posting more idiotic ramblings. Your ideas are not accepted here. We are not receptive to them. It is not an articulation problem, or an incomplete sample size, or anything else. It is a fundamental difference of perspective.

Take your Lin nonsense to the numerous fan sites dedicated to that perspective. This is a Rockets board. We are interested in the Rockets, not your fanaticism.

2 people like this.
  16. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Sure,

or you can take a look at this fact too:

After the AS break and up to March 05, below is the comparison between Lin and Felton, who is more pathetic?

Honestly I think its a push but someone said Felton - the reason being he was playing more and hence hurting the team more.

Will you also consider this is a compliment to Lin?

[​IMG]

17. TuanDinhVu

TuanDinhVu Member

It's always hard to compare players based on stats. Both are asked to do different things on different teams. Stats depend a lot on the coaches, the teammates, the team focus, etc. There will always be many variables that complicate the issue.
    :confused::confused:

18. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

I have yet to see a thread called "Harden is a Joke" or "Parsons is a Joke" or "Beverley is a Joke" created. Not even by LOFs.

And Yes, other players get roasted, but at a much lower frequency and much lower temperature, maybe 100 degrees compared with the 1000 degrees on Lin. And with very different terms.

Fairness on this board is delusional.

19. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Yeah Parsons fans also don't start 4000 threads about McHale being racist to him/holding Parsons down when he can be Lebron james if he's used more. Parsons fans also don't get so butthurt everytime Parsons is criticized and defend him to no ends. Parsons fans also don't call Clutchfans a shethole/redneck racists.

What the hell do you expect anyway when the Lin fans have the single agenda of excuse making for Lin and defend Lin to no ends on this site.

20. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Did you see the fire McHale thread that gets bumped after every missed shot.

OH MY GOD, ITS NOT FAIR.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.