1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lillard: "Real shot Anthony to Portland"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Nook, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Fake news is fake

Pen15clubber likes this.
  2. juanm34

juanm34 Member

There's also a real shot of me joining the Blazers as well. Just haven't received that phone call yet.

3. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

CJ and Damian giving the ball to Melo is like Ryno making 3s at Toy Center. If Melo goes to Blazers, he is truly a 3rd option on offense.

4. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

damn, thats a blast from the past..im lucky photobucket is still around lol

[​IMG]

5. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

This one is my all time favorite of yours.

Rodman23 and DonKnock like this.
  6. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

90s Bulls are the goat team. They never blew a 3-1 lead in the finals. Or needed to add a top 3 player in his prime to beat a team as weak as the cavs. The warriors aint nothing, they do have power in league circles and have close ties with adam silver and a lot of nba sites and writers/voters thats how they were able to get shaq to stop his shaqtin a fool segment when he was picking onjavale mcgee. Thats probably y nick young went to the warriors for the media protection because he is talented but gets picked on as well.

The warriors didnt create the pace and space era. It was started by morey and perfected by harden in 2015 (his mvp went to curry)

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Do you think he said that knowing how false it was and how much people would laugh at him for saying it or do you think he was in on the joke all along?

8. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I mean, he did pick the blazers in seven against the warriors last season...

DonKnock and Pen15clubber like this.
  9. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

Maybe this report is as accurate as all the reports that he'd be here by now.

10. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

11. Garner

Garner Member

Many moons ago, I learned to ignore the words of a player.

12. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

When did the 2016-17 warriors blow a 3-1 lead? Yeah bob Myers is such a crappy GM. Adding a Kevin Durant to your team. Doesn't he know that 90s purists frown on that.

Congrats on crapping on the 94/95 rockets titles. After all the GOAT 90s bulls would have won those years as well had Jordan played full seasons. I mean the 90s bulls were the GOAT and all.

Those "nothing" warriors keep tossing the rockets salad in the playoffs and regular season so you must really think lowly of these rockets.

The seven seconds or less suns were the OG of pace and space. But nobody gives a crap who started it. I guarantee you the warriors didn't think about during the parade.

The writers and voters didn't get your memo that the boogeyman warriors don't want Harden to be unanimous all NBA, Mike to be coach of the year and Gordon to be sixth man of the year.

13. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Dame has about as good of a shot at making the All-Star team as he does recruiting Melo to Portland.

Daddy Long Legs and Reeko like this.
  14. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

15. cebu

cebu Member

16. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

The suns were not the orginaters of analytics basketball it was Daryl Morey and Bob Myers is jealous of that, he has all of these media sites on his dick that vote for him and give him executive of the year when morey does more

i hate the warriors more than the 90's bulls. I hate what the warriors represent. The bulls won their titles fair and square they beat teams with asking players like karl malone to team up with them, Jordan won his mvps fair and square. Back then the only politics was not voting for MJ every year to win MVP. In todays NBA todays politics is vote everything and give the warriors everything they want. Harden had a better year than Curry in 2015 and doesnt get credit for creating the pace and space era considering what was around him, and recently just got robbed of mvp AGAIN to a player who for all his statpadding was the 6th seed in the conference, didnt even break the 50 win threshold.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/friv/mvp.html

Hakeem got his mvp and defensive player of the year, for as good as harden has been the 5 past years as a rocket the only thing he can show for it is a sixth man of the year award( DISGRACEFUL). Not to mention he was left off all-nba in 2016 for klay thompson when klay didnt even have a PER of 19. Listen i love the rockets they are my team, but james harden is my favorite player, and for a player of his caliber he has been railroaded by the media, and the voters to often. Its the warriors and the power they weild within the NBA that allows to push over other teams and gets awards like mvp and executive of the year. Draymon Green had a defensive player of the year award campaign from espn since the start of the season, even though rudy gobert should have won it.

ESPN protects the thunder, golden state and now the lakers and i dont know why

Cash Cam likes this.
  17. dkim1984

dkim1984 Member

Starters: Rox > Portland
    Bench: Rox > Portland
    Salary Cap Situation: Rox > Portland

Portland is coming up against having the choice of keeping/paying Nurkic and then having to pay Melo to stay once his contract is up, and their future team salaries are much higher than ours. So say the argument is that Melo creates their "big 4", it will eventually have to face the reality that it only has 1 real guaranteed year of staying together or both take massive paycuts. So if one must leave (unless both take massive paycuts and do you do that as a young Nurkic?), then you're relying on Dame/Melo/McCollum to buoy your Top 3 in the west pipe dreams.

Sure Portland could send out quantity over quality (a la Daryl Morey) to trim their future team salary, but all of their contracts proved to be too rich and all through the 2019-2020 season. Ryno is the same time length and, while about $2mm a year more (relative to Portland's offering), has proven to be more additive than what Portland has to offer.

So we may not get Melo, but chances Melo adds Portland to the list are a fraction of us getting Melo-for-Ryno.

18. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

Wait?! So you like Morey now? You started basically another thread basically bashing Morey but now since he's The Godfather of analytics with 4 playoff series wins in 10 years you think someone who since 2012 when he took over as gm has 15 series wins, 2 championship, 2-0 warriors over rockets in playoffs, 2 executive of the year awards, not to mention the fun fact of him actually winning a NCAA title at ucla in 1995, that Bob Myers despite all his success is someone jealous of Morey? Cmon man. Even the most blatant homer on here knows better.

What do the warriors represent that you hate? Winning? You should be a sixers fan. They do it the right way apparently and that's more important than winning.

I haven't lived in Houston for a long time and the one thing that still exists is the inferiority complex. Somehow Houston teams would dominate but east and west coast bias prevents it.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  19. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

warriors do nothing the right way, draymon is protected by the refs dude gets away with so much its laughable. He can curse the refs, kick players in the nuts, and still get defensive player of the year. That warriors media protection striking again. Curry is the furst uniamous mvp lol and harden just had the greatest offensive season ever and didnt get mvp. I promise you, if Curry had the season Harden just had he would have been mvp over westbrook. The voters just couldnt justify leaving harden off all-nba in 2016 and giving him the mvp in 2017. Its all the politics and its the warriors playground, we just living in it. If we get carmelo we can beat the warriors easily, thats why the NBA is blocking it

20. Remlap

Remlap Member

So Melo is considering Portland. . . . .

[​IMG]