1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Likely 14th Pick in the 1st Round vs. 1st Round against the Lakers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by plutoblue11, Mar 22, 2010.

?

1st Rnd 12th - 14th pick vs. 1st Rnd playoff matchup against the Lakers

1. 12th - 14th draft pick in the 1st Round of the 2010 NBA Draft

196 vote(s)
    37.4%
  2. 1st Round Western Conference Playoffs vs. the Los Angeles Lakers

328 vote(s)
    62.6%
  1. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I'm absolutely in the minority on this one but don't understand why. I can see if we have all our players healthy and are powered to make a strong playoff run, but almost all of our bigs went down in a heap last night and that has left us with nothing up front.

Besides, wouldn't everyone like to see exactly what Morey can do with a lottery pick in his possesion this offseason? I would for sure.

Also, I'm sure this has been stated but how many players have been found in the low end of the lottery that have panned out to be stars or borderline stars; Joe Johnson, Caron Butler, Dirk, and Brooke Lopez all come to mind.

And finally this draft is jam packed with tons of potentially star quality players, especially at the bigs.

I say for this season and this season only, screw the playoffs. Lets see what Morey can do with a real hand dealt.... perhaps Chris Bosh???

2. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

There is no poll choice for the second area of need after an athletic, tall, change of pace center to spell Yao Ming -- a tall, athletic, true point guard on the order of Garrett Temple. The Spurs have him locked up for the rest of the year and likely will sign him for the next season. Unfortunately, we can't bring in Llull for a couple of years yet. Until then, strong PGs like Williams, Rose, Davis et al will continue to abuse our little guys, Brooks and Lowry (not so much as Aaron).

3. harryrms

harryrms Member

It would be to pick option 2. But is that realistic?

4. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Our playoff hope is fading away. But, I think the team still should play for win.

5. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

Definitely playoff. If you are going to attract free agents in offseason, playoff without Yao is a very good story.

6. SuraGotMadHops

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/p3-eavMSBnk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/p3-eavMSBnk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

7. Zfan

Zfan Member

Do what they almost did last year. Playoffs beat L.A.