1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"Like clubbing baby seals" (Classic Clyde)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by subtomic, Feb 3, 2009.

1. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

just as u told me that, my dvr was right on cue........

clyde :D

2. blk5g

blk5g Member

i never thought about posting this but here it is... after bugging my wife for the whole pregnancy of my now 4month old son to have clyde as a middle name she finally gave in. if he ask why i'll have to tell him the truth, named after my all time favorite player... some of my own family still dont know why but all the clutch fans now do

3. Houston09

Houston09 Member

all i have to say is wow. now to the clyde thing man we need bullard to announce every game. bullard knows way more basketball the clyde does.

4. jae713

jae713 Member

It was hilarious. I was cracking up and my wife was just looking at me like I was crazy. Glad I'm not the only one that found it funny. :)

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

It's an actual expression meaning how easy it is do something. Apparently clubbing baby seals is easy because they don't necessarily run away or get away easily. lol.

6. declan32001

declan32001 Member

Ok, enlighten me. I was about to trash everyone but Faos in this thread, but I do completely respect you.

But if I were Les I'd fire Clyde over that remark (and, no, not because Les still supports PETA even years after his wife dumped him) and I was at UofH with Clyde and will always love the guy.

But I'd fire him because the last thing this franchise needs is the NBA hearing our announcer thinking that a skilled 7'6 guy being legally guarded is blatantly unfair. I wonder if he thinks he was better than Dream because he was 3 1/2 inches shorter. No, this is just Clyde's mouth overloading his brain.

But the imagery of Yao clubbing baby seals? Ha Ha. It's ironic that a 7'6 baby seal gets himself clubbed to death. Ha Ha. I don't begrudge Clyde for any of his opinions, but if I owned the franchise, I'd fire him now.

7. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

WTF are you talking about? I think you completely misinterpreted what Clyde was saying. He wasn't saying that there was anything unfair about Nocioni guarding Yao. He was saying it was so easy for Yao to score when Nocioni was guarding him, it was like "clubbing baby seals."

8. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Most people would say "shooting fish in a barrel" (would PeTA get upset over that?) but not Clyde. :D

9. MacSauce

MacSauce Member

hahaha yep clyde is one funny dude.

10. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

nah fish aren't as cute so they aren't as important :p

11. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Don't overreact. It just means that Nocioni was outmatched. He's a 6-7 small forward bench player. It'd almost be like us having Brent Barry guard Shaq in his prime. A lopsided mismatch.

12. Tsquare

Tsquare Member

well we know what he does on his off time. you are sick Clyde... :)

13. Tsquare

Tsquare Member

he now tops Barkley and Shaq haaaaaaaaaa

14. jedicro

jedicro Member

That was the freaking most hilarous thing I've heard in a long time. I rewound and watched that like 4 times.

I swear, over the last 3 or 4 games Clyde has been a lot more interesting and funny.

15. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Drexler was commenting on how much of a mismatch it was, in response to Worrell calling it a mismatch. I'm not sure why that's a problem for you. Nocioni on Yao is a blatant mismatch. Drexler never used the word "unfair" -- that's how Chicago chose to defend him so there's nothing unfair about it.

16. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

thats good clyde.

real good.

i miss out on this all the time.

17. Avicenna76

Avicenna76 Member

[​IMG]

18. AGBee

AGBee Member

Instant Clyde Classic.

19. jedicro