1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Lies A-Plenty] Trump's 2019 SOTU

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by CometsWin, Feb 5, 2019.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

"Mean girls"? Cute, so dismissive. I wonder why?

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I understand what those papers were, it was pretty obvious. I was drawing attention to the SHUFFLING of those papers, which as you say have traditionally been distributed but nobody can recall them ever having been so ostentatiously shuffled by a Speaker before.

TheresTheDagger likes this.
  3. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

we missed you in the game thread last night

4. NewRoxFan

Wow, psychoanalysis by screen captures. Compelling. Is that what bloggers charge money for, or is this one free?

5. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

another day, another data point

6. NewRoxFan

7. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

9. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

10. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's funny reading the Fox News headlines about the SOTU on Google News. You don't need to see the little Fox News icon to pick them out.

If you judged the SOTU only based on them, Trump caused all the Dems to run home crying to their mommies before the end of the speech, and now angry mobs are gathering in the streets with pitchforks and torches in every major city to hunt down and lynch the traitorous Dems.

You dont even need to read the full headline to pick out the ones from the separate Fox News dimension.

11. NewRoxFan

Thats OK, I suspect you were pretty busy searching for right wing bloggers in order to get a "diversity of sources"... :D

CometsWin likes this.
  12. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

always, always. there's no rest for the weary. ;)

13. body slam

body slam Member

I'm got to give a thumbs up to Stacey Abrams. I thought she represented herself and the democrats very well. The ladies in white on the other hand came across as bitter.

14. NewRoxFan

I somehow missed this part of the sotu...

Trump: Progress in talks with Taliban means 'we will be able to reduce our troop presence'
    https://thehill.com/policy/defense/...aliban-means-we-will-able-to-reduce-our-troop

Which, I guess didn't go well with the taliban...

Taliban reject Trump's suggestion of lingering U.S. counter-terrorism presence
    https://www.thestar.com.my/news/wor...on-of-lingering-us-counterterrorism-presence/

But also led some to wonder... "Gee, what if former President Obama had suggested talks with the Taliban?" What would fox news have reported? Well, we don't need t wonder...

Fox & Friends Hosts Savage Obama For Negotiating With Terrorist, Anti-Women Taliban
    https://www.mediaite.com/tv/fox-fri...egotiating-with-terrorist-anti-women-taliban/

15. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

That's because we know he's the biggest liar of all-time. Maybe you'll catch on someday soon.

16. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Yes, a plethora of editorials and screen grabs while you call grown women in Congress "mean girls" over and over and over again. Throw in a bit of AOC obsession. Another day, just several more data points. You should really stick to trolling the GARM, it's more your lane.

17. Nook

Nook Member

The State of the Union was on par with televangelist B.S.

It was a bunch of arrogant fake people either feigning mock outrage or mock approval for a red headed baboon that really on gives a **** about all the attention being on him.

None of those people really give a **** about the real world, they are self serving sociopaths.

At least in the past the optics were more genuine..... this was worse than a Spanish soap opera....

This was real true grifting, the type you see under big top tents or tan men in white suits claiming their cancer was cured type BS.

This was Jim Baker level BAT **** CRAZY ........
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Alice is Wonderland ...........
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We........ are so screwed

Pizza_Da_Hut likes this.
  18. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

sorry I seem to disappoint you. I'm not really here to make you happy though. Sorry.

19. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

maybe this is out of my lane, in which case I'm sorry for that too . . . but you don't seem like a very happy person generally, at least from the visible clues you leave here. Anything we can do to help? other than staying in our lanes?

TheresTheDagger likes this.
  20. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

by the way, while I'm thinking about it. the thread title to this thread . . . a bit over the top, no? could have sufficed with a simple "Trump SOTU" or something to that effect, don't you think? still time to change it if the mood hits you.