1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Liberal Misogyny

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

The Left was brutal towards Linda Tripp.... because she landed squarely on the opposite side of that argument.

Linda Tripp? ha, she was a snitch that made secret recording and betrayed her erstwhile friend. Another bastion of virtue.

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

DittoHeads
    his audience

Rocket River

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

4. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

what kind of power do they provide him with? i don't listen to him, so just curious why you think he has such great influence. no doubt, he has a large audience, but so does Howard Stern, and so did Imus, yet you seem to think Rush is uniquely endowed with power- why?

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

OH NO!
    He is not *uniquely* empowered

I think his fans are more . . . staunch in their beleif in him
    than Stern fans for instance.

We give far too much power to entertainers. . .
    how many folx stopped eating beef because Oprah was upset with it?
    I don't see much difference. . .only degrees

Rocket River

6. basso

Supporting Member

i had filet mignon last night.

7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

so i'm a public figure because i've been involved in court cases. damn near 80% of the population would be by your facts you ****ing idiot.

8. basso

Supporting Member

why do you think calling someone a ****ing idiot a) strengthens your argument, and b) would incline someone to engage in a serious discussion with you?

9. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Please don't try to argue that one side is decent and the other indecent.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but did you miss the part(s) in which I said that this happens on both sides?

10. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Calm down there, hotshot. You and I can disagree and you don't have to call me names because we do disagree..... but if you do, you automatically lose.

She promoted her own unsolicited testimony. She put it on the internet. Did you put your testimony on the internet? on video?

Sorry but you can't just see what you want to.

11. giddyup

.... but all you proceeded to do was tear Rush a new one with those band-wagoners.

12. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Poor little Rush. Him got his feelies hurt.

13. giddyup

Has nothing to do with that. I'm just asking for a proportional and equal response. Either be upset with whichever side gets crass or just take it all in stride.

The tendency demonstrated here is to get upset with the Right (Rush) and let the Left (Maher et al) get away with whatever....

We have a land of free speech that can't take a bad joke or a joke in poor taste.... have to turn it into hate instead.

14. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Have you actually listened to or read what he said? You're characterizing it like he just called her a slut and that was it. He spent multiple days ranting about this girl and saying all kinds of horrible things. It's not splitting hairs.

15. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Because Rush has influenced this party in a way that Maher doesn't. That's the difference, really.

Besides, giddy, for someone who talks about turning the dial, I'm sure you have no problem with the advertisers pulling away from Rush, correct?

16. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Well, Rush does have a valuable demographic, the gullible. It would be hard not to pick that low hanging fruit.

17. carlosc

carlosc Member

I laugh constantly every time I listen to him.

Trying to compare Rush Limbaugh with Bill Maher is nothing more than an act of desperation. Rush Limbaugh defamed a private citizen who had the temerity to testify in front of a congressional hearing, lying blatantly about what she said.

Bill Maher insults public figures because they are profoundly stupid, crazy and fraudulent.

18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Life is not fair. Waaaaah.

Limbaugh got more crap because he is a bigger brand.

19. giddyup

This is what I've suspected. Rush gets piled on because of his greater success. That's what others have implied.

Advertisers can do what they want but I lose respect for them. I think it is an appeasement and some/many will return in due time.... but they can do what they want.

The harsh reality is that no one has to do the right thing... that includes Rush.

20. giddyup

We are not talking about the heat of battle; we are talking about armchair critics.