1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Liberal Misogyny

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, Mar 5, 2012.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

no, calling some woman a slut on a national radio show because testified in a congressional hearing is not just a funny joke, i don't know how she ended up giving the testimony but she is not a public figure.

apples vs. oranges

palin is a national figure

2. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

so, if Rush had called Pelosi a twat, ****, or slut, that would be fine, in your book at least?

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

no i wouldn't care, but if he caught heat for it i wouldn't. you guys had a chance to criticize maher, but as much as you would like to **** mrs palin i can understand why you guys didn't

4. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

plenty did, but the media didn't care, and certainly none of you here currently in a lather over rush's comments exhibited any similar outrage over Maher.

which just shows that this is about dem party politics, not feminism, nor any genuine outrage.

5. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

I just farted in this thread.

6. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

That's okay as long as you keep it to yourself.

7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

hey idiots, the slut comment didn't happen in a vacum. the republicans have been called out for being the idiots you are for attacking preventive medicine. so you have what is these idiot republicans blowing the female vote, and then one of your fearless leader calling this woman a slut.

then limbaugh calls this chick a slut in the middle of an issue getting national attention. this isn't the same thing, but i'm sure that is too complicated for you to understand

8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

hey but by all means, keep making this an issue by bringing up bill maher and i'm sure it will help you regain some of those lost female votes.

i mean you guys have the winning strategy locked down

9. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Scene One

(a gavel bangs decisively upon a broad table-- a single candle representing hope is flickering and a window unit hums loudly in the background)

BatmanJones: I call an emergency meeting of the Cadre of Back-slapping Liberals!

TO BE CONTINUED

10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

People like basso threads more than they admit. Makes them feel smarter.

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I don't know what to think of it all.
    Rush is a Crack head. A Drug Addict. So I give little credence to anything he says.

He is what we think he is.
    We all know it. So no real argument there.

That said . . . he is a peice in this Game of Thrones.
    he wants to be Varees but he is really Cercei . . .
    a stupid b*tch with power and overblown sense of importance and intelligence.

You may not agree with him
    or his important
    but
    you have to deal with him
    in one capacity or another.

As with any game .. .if you get an opportunity to take a peice off the board
    you do it . . . unless they more useful on it . . .

right not . . . Rush is useful as a example of Republican Anti-Female agenda
    So . . the Democrats will pound this until it is done
    Republicans would do no different

Rocket River

1 person likes this.
  12. nef2005

nef2005 Member

Wouldn't that be coordinating?

13. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Yer high

14. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I am enjoying the GOP pivot on this, spinning from what was said was true, to what he said wasn't so bad, to now what he said was no worse than what someone else said about someone else.

Meanwhile, the circle of GOP wagons gets tighter and tighter. Do me a favor... Keep debating the issue.

15. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Bill Maher is a comedian, he doesn't speak at the liberal equivalent of CPAC. Nobody is debating Bill Maher's influence on liberal policy. So lame...

16. giddyup

So you are saying that the Rule is that the right to name-call is indirectly proportional to the width of the speaker's audience and the depth of his/her influence? Good to know. Thanks for the warning!

Rush is an entertainer who does it with one hand tied behind his back. :grin:

17. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

I have to admit, every time I venture in to read this forum, I wonder how the f--k you guys haven't started doing this yet.

18. giddyup

Because it would be gutless and without integrity?

19. False

False Member

As bad as Basso can be, he's a least been putting adding a couple of sentences of commentary to his posts of late. Sometimes he even posts in his own threads. I personally think he is slipping.

Hightop has sensed weakness and is making a strong break for the crown of resident D&D troll. He's a relatively fresh face, but eventually even the greats fall to new blood. See Hightop's recent posts "Democrats Pushing Anti-Photoshopping Bill" and "Mother to face charges for making child walk to school." Truly they are a works of mastery. Basso, you need to shape up and show Hightop that, while you may eventually lose your hard earned title, it won't be today, and it won't be to him.

1 person likes this.
  20. giddyup

Isn't there a "public" record of that testimony? She became a public figure albeit minor.