1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Liberal comedian suggests the Ching-Chong Ding-Dong Foundation for Sensitivity to Orientals or Whate

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Mar 28, 2014.

1. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

it's gems like this that make your whole shtick almost worth while

2. meh

meh Contributing Member

Not surprised. What Colbert said pretty much requires a lot of context for it to come off as not racist but rather an analogy to say that "creating a foundation doesn't make a name less racist."

Context has pretty much disappeared in modern society, and twitter is the worst kind of being out of context. It's part of the reason why to this day I refuse to open a twitter account. And I pretty much don't care about twitter except when it comes to Rockets trade rumors.

1 person likes this.
  3. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

LOL at bigtexxx, defender of the Asians. The same guy who insists that despite possessing strong work ethics and excelling in academics, Asian Americans in the business world are ill-suited for upper management because they don't have leadership skills, and thus aren't underrepresented among CEOs and other high-level executives as a result of institutionalized racism.

4. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Folks, this is real.

5. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Oh man...you're hilarious. (Wiping tears from eyes). Oh...I haven't laughed like that in so long...I could barely breathe.

6. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

What? When did I say that?

Part of why they're underrepresented in CEOs is purely due to the timing of their immigration. A lot of the 2nd generation Asians aren't of "CEO age" yet.

7. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

Exactly.

8. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Some idiots cut and pasted, FW:FW:FW: without seeing the bit.
    It was intended to be racist to compare and illuminate Daniel Snyder's transparent attempts to buy off Native American groups.

get an effing clue people.
    it would be funny if it weren't so sad how quickly this stuff sweeps the conservative bolgoshere.

9. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

well at least someone got it.

someone else got duped.

10. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>A show whose premise is willfully misrepresenting conservatives as terrible people is being willfully misrepresented. <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23popcorn&amp;src=hash">#popcorn</a></p>&mdash; JustinGreen5000 (@JGreenDC) <a href="https://twitter.com/JGreenDC/statuses/449511306459353088">March 28, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Who is really surprised that wingnuts are too stupid to grasp satire?

12. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

The outrage at this is merely coming from those who don't understand the point of the joke. My wife's asian and she thinks it's hilarious because she understands it.

1 person likes this.
  13. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

A few things to consider here:

1. Asians as a small minority group has been insensitively mocked for a long time. It wasn't until recently that this minority group has grown enough to have a voice to push back, or to have their voice heard.

2. There is a big difference between first generation and second generation Asian immigrants. The first gen is usually not as racially sensitive as the second gen, because they usually overcame a lot to come to the US and are more tolerant of racism. But the second gen are full blown Americans, both in term of citizenship and culture. When they see themselves being mocked, they push back much harder.

3. China and Korea, as countries with rising power and economic prestige, in a way rose the confidence for a lot of Asian Americans. There are instances where China and Chinese Americans united against racist remarks such as the Jimmy Kimmel saga, which scared the crap out of Disney. Offending 10 million people has little consequences, but offending 1 billion with a gigant market might get you in trouble.

14. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Wait wait wait... Didn't it come out that the Twitter handle in question is not run by Stephen Colbert? Regardless, people get butt hurt about these little things all the time. Look at the HIMYM episode for reference. People see these jabs and think "Well it's my race's 15 minutes of fame here, lemme get on that". When Nick Cannon paints himself in white face and makes White People Music it's alright though. You can't have it both ways people. Either you are a protected class because your race/gender/sexual orientation is a minority or you are equal to everyone and you are free to be made fun of like whitey. I personally would have laughed if he attacked my race with that joke.

15. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

I apologize. The posts I remember actually came from Ronny. A cursory forum search suggests you've been fairly consistent on this subject.

My bad.

16. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Breaking: Real racists mad about fake racism.

1 person likes this.
  17. bigtexxx

I accept your apology.

18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

19. bigtexxx